MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-08-2010 02-15h - Revision:24669.rar (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rara Avis

Portal Pro
April 9, 2009
Re: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-08-2010 02-15h - Revision:24669.rar

As soon as you stop LiveTv, the Buffer is _gone_.
So if you start LiveTV (tune a channel) again, then there wont be any backbuffer you could timeshift in.

Am I missing some settings in configuration?
As for me, tsbuffer remains after I stop Live TV. Not the whole fileset - just .tsbuffer and the last .ts used (real size).
But in singleseat case it is reused (or deleted and created with the same name ?) with the next Live TV start.
If in multiseat - new "incremented" filenames are generated (_remaining_ after stop as well) -> filling tsbuffer folder.
So what you are trying to tell us is that there are "leftovers" of previous *.tsbuffer files inside your Timeshift folder?

Well, if they are not reserved intentionaly by design - let's call them "leftovers".

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Am I missing some settings in configuration?
    As for me, tsbuffer remains after I stop Live TV. Not the whole fileset - just .tsbuffer and the last .ts used (real size).
    But in singleseat case it is reused (or deleted and created with the same name ?) with the next Live TV start.
    If in multiseat - new "incremented" filenames are generated (_remaining_ after stop as well) -> filling tsbuffer folder.
    So what you are trying to tell us is that there are "leftovers" of previous *.tsbuffer files inside your Timeshift folder?

Well, if they are not reserved intentionaly by design - let's call them "leftovers".
    Correct. As soon as LiveTV is stopped, all *.tsbuffer files are supposed to get deleted.
    Are you able to reproduce the issue and provide logs?

Have tested the "Problems with skipping during timeshift multiseat" and that issue still exists.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-during-timeshift-multiseat-67957/index2.html
    I would suggest to look into mantis (as the first post advices).
    Since this issue is present there, and still not resolved, it does not surprise me that you can reproduce it. I even replied in the thread you liked to recently and described why we have no developer working on this issue. ;)

0002577: Skip steps no longer work reliably in multiseat TV - MediaPortal Bugtracker

hulkhaugen

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2008
    Arendal
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

Thanks, this seems more stabile than earlier, but i still have one issue left, that also was present in earlier svn's. This is the first time i've been able to catch these logs though. It seems to work fine, channel change and everything. Got Unable to start Graph one time, but no biggie. The problem occurs when audio and video suddenly freezes. i can switch away and back, and it works again. Some channels seems to be more affected than others, dunno why. See attached logs.

Code:
    2010-01-08 13:02:15.103365 [TVService]: mdplugs: MDPLUGINS exist
    2010-01-08 13:02:15.110365 [TVService]: mdplugs: Create - IsMDApiEnabled for TerraTec Mantis DVBS Caputre BDA Receiver - 1
    2010-01-08 13:02:15.112365 [TVService]: mdplugs: InstanceNumber(s) = 1
    2010-01-08 13:02:15.113365 [TVService]: dvb:add 2nd Inf Tee filter
    2010-01-08 13:02:16.187427 [TVService]: mdplug: This MDAPIfilter accept Extend capabilities
    2010-01-08 13:02:16.189427 [TVService]: mdplug: The mdplugin folder for this instance is : MDPlugins\TerraTec Mantis DVBS Caputre BDA Receiver0
    There is no support for MDAPI users.
    I am 99.9999% sure that this (MDAPI) is where your "can not start graph" issue is coming from.

Ok, but do you think that's why i get a picture freeze also? That's my main problem...

Vimes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2009
    Earth, for now
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

@infinityloop

Can you check "Start -> run -> msconfig" if MpTray was added to the autostart list?

What I did to was to install the one that I linked to and ran the batch file which contained...

@mptray.exe /register
    @start mptray.exe
    also...
    mphook.dll
    mptray.exe

I then removed it running the uninstall batch file...

@mptray.exe /unregister:both
    @mptray.exe /kill

I then reinstalled the latest SVN, after deleting the mp tray.exe and mphook.dll to make sure I'm using the SVN's mp tray. exe, and now I get the MP Tray.exe added to the autostart list - as verified by msconfig.

However previous to me adding the version that I knew worked regardless of how many times I rebooted, with the option ticked in the config of MP it would never start the mp tray.exe process. But what I can't confirm for you (sorry) is what has added the mp tray.exe to the autostart list. Was it the batch file (?) or the ticked option within the MP config..?

Either way each boot now of Windows does indeed show it running in the system tray (MediaPortal tray launcher) and also launch MP when TGB is pressed.

thegunzo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 15, 2008
    Sauðárkrókur
    Home Country
    Iceland Iceland

Still an issue with TV Server. The Streaming Server fails to open ts.buffer for a specific card. I switched between channels but when I got to a channel on Card 4 then Streaming Server faild to open ts.buffer and the client was stuck waiting for the streaming server to respond.
    This has only happened on Analog cards, have Hauppauge PVR 500 and PVR 150.
    Restarted MediaPortal and started channel on Card 4 and that worked. Changed to a channel on DvbT card, then to a channel on an analog card 5 and then back to analog channel on card 4 and got this issue again.

Attachments

• TVServer-08_01_10.zip
      30.6 KB

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Have tested the "Problems with skipping during timeshift multiseat" and that issue still exists.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-during-timeshift-multiseat-67957/index2.html

Well, since it is in Mantis as new/open

0002577: Skip steps no longer work reliably in multiseat TV - MediaPortal Bugtracker

then it would not yet be fixed :)

Please check mantis for issues before reporting.

Best wishes,

MArk

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Thanks, this seems more stabile than earlier, but i still have one issue left, that also was present in earlier svn's. This is the first time i've been able to catch these logs though. It seems to work fine, channel change and everything. Got Unable to start Graph one time, but no biggie. The problem occurs when audio and video suddenly freezes. i can switch away and back, and it works again. Some channels seems to be more affected than others, dunno why. See attached logs.

Code:
    2010-01-08 13:02:15.103365 [TVService]: mdplugs: MDPLUGINS exist
    2010-01-08 13:02:15.110365 [TVService]: mdplugs: Create - IsMDApiEnabled for TerraTec Mantis DVBS Caputre BDA Receiver - 1
    2010-01-08 13:02:15.112365 [TVService]: mdplugs: InstanceNumber(s) = 1
    2010-01-08 13:02:15.113365 [TVService]: dvb:add 2nd Inf Tee filter
    2010-01-08 13:02:16.187427 [TVService]: mdplug: This MDAPIfilter accept Extend capabilities
    2010-01-08 13:02:16.189427 [TVService]: mdplug: The mdplugin folder for this instance is : MDPlugins\TerraTec Mantis DVBS Caputre BDA Receiver0
    There is no support for MDAPI users.
    I am 99.9999% sure that this (MDAPI) is where your "can not start graph" issue is coming from.

Ok, but do you think that's why i get a picture freeze also? That's my main problem...
    From my personal experince with it. Yes.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-08-2010 02-15h - Revision:24669.rar

@infinityloop

Can you check "Start -> run -> msconfig" if MpTray was added to the autostart list?

What I did to was to install the one that I linked to and ran the batch file which contained...

@mptray.exe /register
    @start mptray.exe
    also...
    mphook.dll
    mptray.exe

I then removed it running the uninstall batch file...

@mptray.exe /unregister:both
    @mptray.exe /kill

I then reinstalled the latest SVN, after deleting the mp tray.exe and mphook.dll to make sure I'm using the SVN's mp tray. exe, and now I get the MP Tray.exe added to the autostart list - as verified by msconfig.

Okay, your issue is related to the mixup of previous files then. While it would be nice to have the MediaPortal.log(or .bak) from a boot where it did not start it won't be an issue anymore for the clean release.

Rara Avis

Portal Pro
    April 9, 2009

Correct. As soon as LiveTV is stopped, all *.tsbuffer files are supposed to get deleted.
    Are you able to reproduce the issue and provide logs?
    Even in the singleseat tsbuffers are left. (Luckily overwritten at the next start - if not in multiseat).
    Logs attached

Attachments

• dir-single.txt
      30.6 KB
    • dir-multi.txt
      30.6 KB
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom