MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-08-2010 02-15h - Revision:24669.rar (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Re: AW: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-08-2010 02-15h - Revision:24669.rar

What happens when you play that file inside VLC, Windows MediaPlayer, or MediaPlayer Classic HC?

What happens when you rename the file from *.ts to *.mkv and play that one in MyVideos?

The file plays well in VLC and WMP in VLC there is short stuttering at the cut, in WMP it plays smoothly.
    If i just rename the file to .mkv i just see the first picture of the file in MP. If i can provide any additional information plz let me know.

Please upload a sample (cutted) TS file of that.
    He allready did.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...vision-24669-rar-75857/index4.html#post557944

TheThunder

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-08-2010 02-15h - Revision:24669.rar

:D for your effort!

I have observed another thing related to this problem maybe it's helpful:

If I use -15sec and even +15 on remote when the movie is a bit after the cut it ever jumps back to the cutscene.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

The file plays well in VLC and WMP in VLC there is short stuttering at the cut, in WMP it plays smoothly.
    If i just rename the file to .mkv i just see the first picture of the file in MP. If i can provide any additional information plz let me know.

Please upload a sample (cutted) TS file of that.
    He allready did.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...vision-24669-rar-75857/index4.html#post557944

Oh, indeed. Issue reproduced. Need to check what we could do to solve the gap in timestamps.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Oh, indeed. Issue reproduced. Need to check what we could do to solve the gap in timestamps.
    Sounds like ProjectX fucked the file up when multiplexing the cutted streams?

:oops: I uninstalled Matroska Splitter and SAF now its running! :eek:

:D for your effort and sorry for the trouble!

MP is now running without any problems for me! Everythings working perfect!
    Sounds like SAF somehow messed up your codecs. I doubt it was caused by the mkv splitter, since that one is not used when playing *.ts files. :)

TheThunder

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-08-2010 02-15h - Revision:24669.rar

:oops: I uninstalled Matroska Splitter and SAF now its running! :eek:

:D for your effort and sorry for the trouble!

MP is now running without any problems for me! Everythings working perfect!
    Sounds like SAF somehow messed up your codecs. I doubt it was caused by the mkv splitter, since that one is not used when playing *.ts files. :)

:confused: Indeed i was a bit too fast with my "now everything is working" uninstalling SAF let me play the file if it is renamed to MKV but not the ts file... i will try remuxing the file and report here

UPDATE
    I demultiplexed the file with PVAstrumento and remuxed it with IMAGOmuxer, then the problem is gone. But i'm wondering why VLC and WMP play even the original cutted files?
    Does ProjectX not correct the timestamps, so that you have a gap of some minutes when you cut advertisments out?

dobyken

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 8, 2009
    Florida Gulf Coast
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Re: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-08-2010 02-15h - Revision:24669.rar

Some VOB files are not loading in the internal player. I tried to watch my rip of Enigma and the Studio intro plays but after that the DVD menu does not load and I have only a blank screen and no audio. I tried it a few times with the same results. I also let it sit for half an hour to see if it was just loading slow. I was able to play the same movie properly using KMPlayer and Media Player Classic setup as External Players. Most of the other DVD's I tried work fine in the internal player so I'm not sure if it's a codec issue or Media Portal. I had the same issue with the previous SVN but did not report it.

Ambass

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    France France

I can not confirm that issue. Please attach TvServer logs and tell us which codecs you use.

I'm using PowerDVD 8 for SD and HD Tv and they worked fine with "normal" channel change times.

I've attached server logs

TsReader.log shows pretty long (30 second was longest I could quickly spot) A/V compensation values. That is not right. I'll forward the post to Ambass.
    Thanks

Do not understand what is the "TV" plugin you use. Btw, only official TV plugin works for TV.
    It include some special methods to have fast and clean zapping, if these methods are not used, TsReader will not work properly. If previous releases were approximately working, you were lucky.:)
    Your plugin should be updated do to the same thing as official one.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

I had MpTray installed previously and upgraded to latest SVN (not a totally clean install I know :rolleyes: but problem will still happen)

I have opened up config app and turned on MPTray and this has added a startup entry. Problem is I now have two startup entries for MPTray (one is MPTray and other is mptray)

Also immediately after config app change green button does not work as mptray.exe has not been started (looks like previous one has been killed through)

From a usability point of view this should work as soon as the button is ticked. Launched MPTray.exe myself and it works.

edit:Reg keys have changed name from MPTray to MediaPortal Shell (or vice versa). (MediaPortal Shell was associated with lowercase version) which I have manually removed

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-08-2010 02-15h - Revision:24669.rar

Is there any magic I do not understand with this SVN.
    I have to admit that this is the first time trying to play around with MP 1.1.
    I did a clean install of MP 1.1 beta + this SVN however I'm not able to watch TV in any way. When trying to start preview from TV Server Config the preview window opens but stays black.
    Trying to close it hangs.

I uninstalled completely and tried 1.1. beta without any SVN which works.
    Reaplying this SVN and no TV again.

Any help is most welcome.
    Logs are attached.

BTW. Why does the TV-Server config icon on Desktop changes back to the old one after this SVN is installed?

Regard.

Ambass

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    France France

I've played a file created by projectX ( probably by The Thunder ), the timestamps are not rebuild.
    This f* software seems just cutting ( or appending ) binary files.
    In this case TsReader is failing on gaps, but it also could fail on seeks, on duration....I'm afraid it should be a big rework to try to accept properly these files.

Forward gaps could be approximately solved, backward seems really more difficult.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom