MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-08-2010 02-15h - Revision:24669.rar (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-08-2010 02-15h - Revision:24669.rar

I've played a file created by projectX ( probably by The Thunder ), the timestamps are not rebuild.
    This f* software seems just cutting ( or appending ) binary files.
    In this case TsReader is failing on gaps, but it also could fail on seeks, on duration....I'm afraid it should be a big rework to try to accept properly these files.

Forward gaps could be approximately solved, backward seems really more difficult.

Ah, indeed didn't remember that the duration and seeking wouldn't be possible (both are relying on the continous timestamps, otherwise the whole TS file would be needed to be scanned before playback can be begin).

So in short -> not going to fix the issue. Instead a tool that remuxes the content (generates continuous timestamps) should be used to cut the TS files´if those are ment to be played with MP).

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Re: AW: Re: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-08-2010 02-15h - Revision:24669.rar

Is there any magic I do not understand with this SVN.
    I have to admit that this is the first time trying to play around with MP 1.1.
    I did a clean install of MP 1.1 beta + this SVN however I'm not able to watch TV in any way. When trying to start preview from TV Server Config the preview window opens but stays black.
    Trying to close it hangs.

I uninstalled completely and tried 1.1. beta without any SVN which works.
    Reaplying this SVN and no TV again.

Any help is most welcome.
    Logs are attached.

BTW. Why does the TV-Server config icon on Desktop changes back to the old one after this SVN is installed?

Regard.
    I can not confirm these issues here, using dvb-t, dvb-s and dvb-s2 (floppy and fire dtv cards)

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: Re: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-08-2010 02-15h - Revision:24669.rar

Is there any magic I do not understand with this SVN.
    I have to admit that this is the first time trying to play around with MP 1.1.
    I did a clean install of MP 1.1 beta + this SVN however I'm not able to watch TV in any way. When trying to start preview from TV Server Config the preview window opens but stays black.
    Trying to close it hangs.

I uninstalled completely and tried 1.1. beta without any SVN which works.
    Reaplying this SVN and no TV again.

Any help is most welcome.
    Logs are attached.

BTW. Why does the TV-Server config icon on Desktop changes back to the old one after this SVN is installed?

Regard.
    I can not confirm these issues here, using dvb-t, dvb-s and dvb-s2 (floppy and fire dtv cards)

Hi infinityloop.

I'm on floppy dvb-c and no chance to get it work.
    Just did a complete uninstall and reinstall - same result.
    1.1 beta without svn - no problem.

I tried different channels (all FTA) no way.

Any suggestions how to further track down the problem?

Regards,
    grubi.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Just noticed a little something which is probably not a bug but is slightly annoying

I have been having trouble with slow zapping (another thread for that) amd with latest SVN if I change channel the OSD works now :) but the screen goes black after about a second and the OSD disappears.

Previously when taking a while to tune the OSD remained on screen which at least made you think MP was still working and also actually gave you time to read the zap OSD

logs of zap from one channel and back attached

TheThunder

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-08-2010 02-15h - Revision:24669.rar

Indeed cutting with "Remuxing" is the more clean solution. And i will use Cuttermaran or something like this in future. I tried the internal Video editor the files cut with thisone are perfect, but the problem with cutting inside mediaportal is that you do not have a working preview. You ever have to press play to see where you are. I'm not sure if this is a codec problem but i can remember "old times" where this was possible.
    To have a quick cutting method would be great. Nevertheless using cuttermaran isnt a problem. But to have a usable integrated Videoeditor again would be great.

:D for this release and all the one before ;-) So this isn't a mediaportal bug and without this thing MP is working perfect.

So all should keep in mind ProjectX is quick and DIRTY ;-)

For the ones who have the same problem as me with (old) ProjectX files you can use TSmuxer to repair them (1hour = 1minute on DualCore 2,5 Ghz)

djspider

Portal Member
    February 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Hi,
    I have tried this SVN a couple of hours now and i think its great! Im just having one problem.

When i watch LiveTV the picture freeze after a while (after 10 minutes or so) but the subtitles still going. and if i fastforward at this time i get back into the LiveTV again and it wount happen until the next 10 minute cycle. Im using "nonrtsp" option in my mediaportal.xml and have specified the paths to the Timeshiftbuffer and Rec folder.

The problem is that if i dont fastforward when the picture freeze MP crashes after a while.

Posted the Logfiles i think is needed and here is my Hardwareinfo:

Running Mediaportal on Windows 7 X64 on ASRock ION 330
    TVServer on Windows 7 X64 with 2x FloppyDTV-S2 and 2x FloppyDTV-T

EDIT 1:

I have watched over 10 minutes in VLC via the Mediaportal Webservices from gemx and it works 100%, so the problem must be in MP CLient

EDIT 2:
    Seems like this problem only occurs on some channels.

Damandan

Portal Pro
    May 19, 2007
    Tegelen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Since this SVN mediaportal won't go past 'Loading strings'.

Attached you can find the logs. Maybe someone can help me with this or else I will be forced to revert to the previous svn.

Thanks in advance!

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

Attached you can find the logs. Maybe someone can help me with this or else I will be forced to revert to the previous svn.

Thanks in advance!

Make sure Moving Pictures is not causing the Fan Art to be cached into the MP texture cache.

cfforce

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Installed this SVN on my server and 3 clients; all clean installes. Using 2x FIREDTVS2's and 1xDVBT; running very smooth for 6 hours now.. recording / timeshifting.
    2 clients are running without RTSP (//UNC paths) and 1 with RTSP. No problems so far... :p

Damandan

Portal Pro
    May 19, 2007
    Tegelen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Thanks in advance!

Make sure Moving Pictures is not causing the Fan Art to be cached into the MP texture cache.

Thanks, that did the trick!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom