MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-31-2010 14-51h - Revision:24923.rar (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    The reason why 25/50fps cannot be smooth on 60Hz is pretty simple. 5/6 is not a whole number and displays aren't able to display such as the time intervals aren't fixed. For example if we have 6Hz display, it gives us 166ms frame duration and to display five frames per second it would be 166ms + 166ms + 166ms + 166ms + 2x 166ms -> 1s . And that means every fifth frame would be presented twice, giving juddering movement...

Yes, that has always been the case for me, so that is acceptable. What got me a little shocked was that I thought I should accept the 25 % dropped frames with the DLL in this SVN :) Anyway it's much better now, so thanks for that.

A better TV with native FullHD is definately on my wish list, but that list is long and the money on my bank account is quite insufficient.

In the meantime, all of you who need to playback 50hz material on a 60hz screen, try ReClock (instead of the video trying to sync to the audio, the audio is resampled on the fly to match the monitor refresh) as your audio renderer in MediaPortal: http://www.free-codecs.com/download/ReClock_DirectShow_Filter.htm

Edit: Here's a little guide: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...55/guide-stutter-free-playback-reclock-45834/
    Emph

ReClock is pretty useless for 50 to 60 conversion since ReClock is not able to change the laws of physics/math:

1) it would require 20% speedup of the video to be able to play the file without wrong frame durations / juddering. Such huge difference in source and target speeds will make look all thing pretty unnatural (We don't want news to look like old Bond Movie's car chase do we? :))
    2) It wont be possible for live tv as you would need have some sort of time machine to allow the broacast to run 20% faster speed.

Bolk

Portal Member
    July 24, 2006
    I have the luxery to test multiple configurations, these are the results:

Asrock ION 330HT (nvidia ION) > a lot dropped frames, sync glitches; around 30-38fps
    AMD 7850 + HD3200 onboard (780 chipset) > a lot dropped frames, sync glitches; around 30-38fps

AMD X2 245 + HD4000 onboard (785 chipset) > couple of dropped frames, some sync glitches steady 50fps
    Intel E7500+ Geforce 9400 onboard > couple of dropped frames, some sync glitches steady 50fps

* All systems are showing stutters, and those clients are connected to an MP server; using RTSP.
    * All systems are equiped and clean reinstalled with Windows 7 x86 Professional; all updated, no virus scanners etc. just clean, no 3th party plugins. and using original dshowhelper.dll (not the ones posted in this thread)
    * Ati systems are using 9.8 drivers; nvidia systems; 195.62
    * No overclocking, all standard bios settings (only video onboard memory to 512mb)
    * All systems are showing to make use of DXVA, cpu load is respectiable low.. around 10-20%

@ windows performance index; the ASROCK, and AMD with HD3200 are around 3.6 (video); ATi_HD4000 & GF9400 around 4.7 (video); maybe it has something to do with it??

Attached some screenshots. (atm asrock screenshot not avail; reinstalling that system..)

I don't have much time here, and I will provide logs later since I'm out of the country. However, with the previous SVN I experienced stutters as well.

For me I was using the following setup (I disregard the hardware here, I have 2 clients. One AMD X2 4000+ and one C2D E8400. Both fresh Win7 x64. Both the same problems):

TVserver - 1 GBbit switch - cable - 100Mbit switch - client

I experience stuttering on the 100 Mbit connection. When I connect my client directly to my 1 Gbit connection, I experience no stutters whatsoever. The strange part is, the connection (100 Mbit) is only used for 12% or so. I used multiple 100 Mbit switches all with the same problem. I tried different cables. Once I connect everything to 1 GBit all problems disappear.

Now, I have no idea if this information is relevant, but maybe it can give the developers an idea where to look.

chrholm

Portal Pro
    June 20, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    In addition I get random crashes when changing channels. It seems to happen about 1 out of 4 changes, so it's quite often. Attached are logs where MP crashes after the last channel change.

I should make clear that I have never had any crashes with MediaPortal before (well years ago I did, but not in the last year). The crashes have only started with this SVN, so it must be related to some recent changes. What's the procedure for getting the details of a crash to you beside the log files? I'm guessing there could be some thread dump somewhere.

skeal

Portal Pro
    October 21, 2007
    Near Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-31-2010 14-51h - Revision:24923.rar

Hey

since this release the problem is, that when i press "Stop" button after watching an video or watching livetv or any other file the screen switches to basic home instead of the list of the module from where the file was started.

Before:
    Basic Home -> Videos -> Start video -> Stop video -> video list
    Now:
    Basic Home -> Videos -> Start video -> Stop video -> basic home

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    EDIT2: added screenshots of graphedit, and double clicked on EVR using MP to play the recorderd TV HD TS file and Media Player Classic HC. But i don't get it; why on 2 systems there are massive drop frames and on other 2 less to nothing ??
    All systems installed the same way; and kept clean.

quick notes:

system 1 - 50Hz -> has huge amount of frame drops, not ok. Please test with the provided dshowhelper.dll
    system 2 - 74.xxx Hz -> not good as every second frame needs to be displayed two times. No dropped frames, but you should notice constant minor juddering as frame times arent constantn
    system 3 - 60Hz -> no point in trying to fix the code on MP (and I wont even try :)) side but still worth to try the provided dshowhelper.dll
    system 4 - 85Hz -> no point in trying to fix the code on MP (and I wont even try :)) side but still worth to try the provided dshowhelper.dll

kzvscx

Portal Member
    February 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Hi everyone,
    I just want to report a small cosmetic issue that has been present for some time and should not be in RC1 :oops:
    The date and time info on My TV screen move outside the screen area as soon as the TV is switched on. When it is swithched off again the info is still out of place. Need to go to another screen and come back to fix it.

My TV is 1080i (maybe this helps)...

:D

Attachments

• before.jpg
      before.jpg
      103.6 KB
    • TV on.jpg
      TV on.jpg
      119.8 KB

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-31-2010 14-51h - Revision:24923.rar

Hey guys,

I now do have a second system just for testing. Specs:

Atom 330
    ION
    2GB RAM
    NVIDIA 191.30
    Connection DVI 50Hz 1280x720
    Windows7
    MPC codec for h264
    MS Codec for LiveTV
    SVN 24944 installed

dropping frames
    Can't recognize any problems with any material (can't test HD-liveTV, but records of HD-LiveTV and various other HD material). I think I do not need to post logs, when there are no problems ;)

kzvscx:
    No such problem here.

cfforce

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    tourettes,

I've tried several HZ, 50, 60 75 doens't matter what i do. on 2 systems constant dropped frames, ~33fps
    @ other 2 systems no dropped frames & steady 50fps. or less then 20 in 1 hour.
    Can't really get a hold on it what's wrong; the systems are fresh installs etc. same monitor.
    Here are some logs regarding the Asrock with posted dshowhelper; i see a little higher fps.
    But still 20.000 frames drawn, 8000 dropped. @ other 2 systems: 20.000 drawn, 165 dropped..

p.s. only dropped frames when using LiveTV HD, not HD (mkv) video's.

Attachments

• asrock330_ion_dshow.zip
      30.7 KB

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    @tourettes,

I've tried several HZ, 50, 60 75 doens't matter what i do. on 2 systems constant dropped frames, ~33fps
    @ other 2 systems no dropped frames & steady 50fps. or less then 20 in 1 hour.
    Can't really get a hold on it what's wrong; the systems are fresh installs etc. same monitor.
    Here are some logs regarding the Asrock with posted dshowhelper; i see a little higher fps.
    But still 20.000 frames drawn, 8000 dropped. @ other 2 systems: 20.000 drawn, 165 dropped..

p.s. only dropped frames when using LiveTV HD, not HD (mkv) video's.

TvServer Version: 1.0.4.24669
    TvPlugin Version: 1.0.4.24923

Same server and client versions should be used when testing SVN builds. Not sure if this could cause any dropped frames, unlikely I would say.

Nothing else in logs (didn't spot even 3rd party plugins :)). Would be nice to hear from other NVIDIA ION users is the dropped frames / stuttering issue bothering them also. I know that gemx has ION and it was working nicely after disabling all 3rd party plugins.

UPDATE: if someone could beg Nvidia to send me a HW sample that I can work with, it would be much easier to debug the issue :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom