MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-31-2010 14-51h - Revision:24923.rar (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'm having an issue with 2 of my HTPC's one being whats listed in my usercp, the other is having the same issue but has a nvidia chipset versus the ati..

The issue is when starting MP it gets to "caching graphics..." or Initializing strings.." and freezes with a MP critical error in the background...

the previous SVN worked great..

here are my logs for the ati htpc..

Please read my post on the first page!

Mark

(but fair play for posting logs)

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    I always use hdmi 60Hz in my setup.

There will always be playback issues on material where the source FPS wont match the target refresh rate. I wont even try to fix those as it is just mathematically impossibe to have judder free image from 50fps displayed on 60Hz.

Sure the current SVN could handle that situation worse than before, but it is not the main goal to make miracles happen.
    thx for the reply
    im just want to say that its now ocures randomly. viewing channel with lite dropping then zap to another one and back to it and i got heavy drops on the same content and on all channels viewed later.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-31-2010 14-51h - Revision:24923.rar

Deactivated all plugins, the dropped frames were significantly lower (about 25 of 1500), although the sync glitches were nearly the same. No logs atm, will try to deliver later.

chrholm

Portal Pro
    June 20, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I always use hdmi 60Hz in my setup.

There will always be playback issues on material where the source FPS wont match the target refresh rate. I wont even try to fix those as it is just mathematically impossibe to have judder free image from 50fps displayed on 60Hz.

Sure the current SVN could handle that situation worse than before, but it is not the main goal to make miracles happen.

That's very bad news, and a complete show-stopper for me. My TV only accepts 60hz at it's native resolution (1360x768) over RGB, so there is no option for me to run at 50hz. With this SVN I get a lot of stuttering and dropped frames.

In addition I get random crashes when changing channels. It seems to happen about 1 out of 4 changes, so it's quite often. Attached are logs where MP crashes after the last channel change.

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Just to say this SVN is the best SVN ever for me. mkvs are smooth like they've never been and also live tv (SD and HD) is working like a charm with three tuners (2 dvb-s and 1 dvb-t).

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    In addition I get random crashes when changing channels. It seems to happen about 1 out of 4 changes, so it's quite often. Attached are logs where MP crashes after the last channel change.

Same here. MP is not responding during zapping.
    Attached logs after killing MP from task manager.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Anyone who has massive frame dropping with the SVN build, please try attached dshowhelper.dll.

Before reporting any results make sure that you are full filling following requirements, otherwise it will be meaningless to report anything and causes just extra work for me (I have already enough work when trying to fix the MP bugs, so please no 3rd party issues :))

• Display's refresh rate must match the source material's FPS (aither 1:1, 1:2 or 1:3)
    • All 3rd party pluigins must be uninstalled (only a clean SVN build). Reason for this is that I really don't care to spend my time on debugging 2rd party plugin issues (they can interfere the playback really easially).
    • Close TaskManager (as it is running on high priority it will periodically cause CPU hog that can cause dropped frames, happens on my dev PC on same interval as TaskManager updates the display)
    • Close all firewall and antivirus software (after testing is done, enable those)
    • Close all background programs that are currently running

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    2nd dshowhelper.dll to be tested. This one has only one difference compared to the earlier one posted in this thread. For 1:2 (24fps on 48Hz or 25fps on 50Hz cases) the raster offset is tried to lock on more suitable spot to reduce possible judder (MS EVR mixer uses random v-sync position when streaming begins, easy to see when you skip inside a media file, just check how raster offset will settle to a different position).

Test this only if you are able to test 25 or 24fps material on 48/50Hz display. Please let me know how it compares to the previous one posted in this thread.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    That's very bad news, and a complete show-stopper for me. My TV only accepts 60hz at it's native resolution (1360x768) over RGB, so there is no option for me to run at 50hz. With this SVN I get a lot of stuttering and dropped frames.

Me too I'm afraid. My TV only does 60hz and I'm in the UK, so my programmes are at 50hz. This SVN has far too much stuttering to be watchable.

I had a lot of lock-ups with the last SVN so I'm going to have to try going back to 24281 :(

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Hi, i have gotten strange problem with this SVN.
    Randomly on zapping MP goes to long loop (according to logs) with changing PAT from prev to next end then vise versa. Sometimes that loop are endless
    Could you check my logs?
    Timestamp of one of it is 2010-02-01 23:45:55.948600(Mediaportal.log

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom