MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot: 04-08-2008 05-05h - Revision:18584 (1 Viewer)

Keren

Portal Member
October 7, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
Copy the SVN to your MediaPortal folder before installation, this worked for me.
I think its a Problem with the file paths in the standard MediaPortalDirs.xml (\Plugins etc.). Installing to an other folder could set absolute file paths(D:\MP\Plugins) , didn't test this.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I actually think I fixed this .... :)

Some of the paths are missing \ in the end, like
    Code:
    (...)
        <Path>InputDeviceMappings\defaults\</Path>
    (...)

... was
    Code:
    <Path>InputDeviceMappings\defaults</Path>
    (...)

After altering these (adding missing \) all is OK.

I am not a programmer, but it kind of made sence ... so I tried. Did not install before these changes - but no problem after.

Might be a coincidence, though ...

WARNING:
    If you intend to try this be sure to backup your XML! Most probably this is not the issue, being so easy (but it did solve it for me), so I recommend you want till a dev sees this

EDIT2: Tried several times now - seems indeed that this fixed it ...

Attached is modified XML

Attachments

• MediaPortalDirs.xml
      2.7 KB

cfforce

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Confirmed, overwriting the MediaPortalDirs.xml to the MP dir, does the trick.. Great job Spragleknas!

Tallone

Portal Member
    October 7, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ditto. Using the MediaPortalDirs.xml that Spragleknas posted I was able to install the SVN. Give the man a pint!

jimbolina

Portal Pro
    August 6, 2007
    Home Country
    I can confirm that adding the missing slashes to the paths in mediaportaldirs.xml allows installation.

Nice one Spragleknas!

mruane

Portal Pro
    June 4, 2006
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    In my case the $NAME problem is more obscure. I have tracked the issue down to the DIR ID = "Config" entry in the MediaPortalDirs.XML file. If the PATH value is empty, then the installation on all SVN after 18530 fails with the $NAME error. If I add a backslash to the PATH the installation works find but Media Portal generate an abnormal exception during startup. So:

<Dir id = "Config">
    <Path></Path>
    </Dir>

Allows Media Portal to start normally but does not allow the new SVN's to install whilst:

<Dir id = "Config">
    <Path>\</Path>
    </Dir>

Allows the new SVN's to be installed fine but Media Portal generates an exception during startup. Note that Configuration.exe works fine with or without the backslash.

So my workaround is to add a backslash before installing an SVN and remove it before starting MP.

Cheers Mike

jimbolina

Portal Pro
    August 6, 2007
    Home Country
    In my case the $NAME problem is more obscure. I have tracked the issue down to the DIR ID = "Config" entry in the MediaPortalDirs.XML file. If the PATH value is empty, then the installation on all SVN after 18530 fails with the $NAME error. If I add a backslash to the PATH the installation works find but Media Portal generate an abnormal exception during startup. So:

<Dir id = "Config">
    <Path></Path>
    </Dir>

Allows Media Portal to start normally but does not allow the new SVN's to install whilst:

<Dir id = "Config">
    <Path>\</Path>
    </Dir>

Allows the new SVN's to be installed fine but Media Portal generates an exception during startup. Note that Configuration.exe works fine with or without the backslash.

So my workaround is to add a backslash before installing an SVN and remove it before starting MP.

Cheers Mike

Try it with <Path>.\</Path>. The dot indicates current dir, the slash without it indicates the root (c:\)

That might stop your exceptions on startup.

Edit: Scrap that, I don't know enough about what I'm talking about ;)

mruane

Portal Pro
    June 4, 2006
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks Jumbolina - I have not had a good laugh for a while and your last Edit: really touched my funny bone!!!

Cheers Mike

knotty69au

Portal Member
    June 25, 2007
    Home Country
    I'm afraid the Only way I was able to Install it was to delete the MediaPortalDirs.xml file completeley. This then allowed me to install this SVN..

Knotty:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom