MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-07-04-2008 12-31h - Revision:19574.rar (1 Viewer)

blogo

Portal Member
July 6, 2006
Sandnes
Home Country
Norway Norway
When Hardware Acceleration is enabled no video is displayed, only sound. Video works in mpc-hc and wmp. This is with newest version of powerdvd 8 ultra, playing x264 encoded movie.

GPU: AMD HD4850 with catalyst 8.6
Windows xp SP3 using vmr9 renderer in mediaportal

Zorg

Portal Pro
June 12, 2008
Home Country
Spain Spain
Can you please post a screenshot and maybe attach Avast detection log ?

:D

Simone

Hi,
I attached the warning.log file. The lines corresponding to my svn installation are the last ones.

I paste here one of them:

04/07/2008 13:25:04 1215170704 SYSTEM 1868 Sign of "Win32:Trojan-gen {Other}" has been found in "C:\Users\1av5er\AppData\Local\Temp\nso8444.tmp\ns9F3F.tmp" file.

Thanks

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm also having a bit of video trouble... it's just odd and doesn't effect all my movies.

I just finished putting a batch of DVDs on my HTPC as .iso's. When I play them, some play through just fine, no problems with menus or anything. Others, on the other hand, will sometimes start with no picture, just sound. It happens mosly at breaks between, promo film and menu, or menu and main movie, or intro logos and THX screen. This is with the MPV codec. It makes no difference when I skip to the next section. If that section wants to start without a picture, it will.

All I have to do is stop (not pause) the movie and start it again at the same spot, then picture is back with sound. If I stop and start after the beginning of the actual movie, then the picture is back and there is no further issue through the movie. I also can, once I get to the main menu, go to the first scene in the scene selection... and then there is no problem. It's really anoying.

Anybody who knows anything about videos please explain...

Thanks!

Chuck

also when I use the PowerDVD 7 codec I just get black screen, no matter what. With FFDShow it locked up my machine after showing only blank screen. I had to reset.

Don't have time to test much today... cleaning house before family arrives for a week-long holiday.

Nigel_K

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2007
    Bath
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'm still on svn 19453, havn't updated yet, I've just started having problems with channel change, not changing ac3 with ffdshow. Video freeze no sound.

Microsoft new update prior to this?

mpb

Portal Member
    November 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I skipped the last svn due to some nasty bugs. With this svn I can't switch from an HDTV (H264) to an SD-channel (MPEG2) anymore. The picture freezes but I can go back to the MyTV menu. After switching TV off/on the graph starts again and the selected SD-channel works.

I tried different codecs (CoreAVC and PowerDVD8-H264) for AVC and MPEG2, but the behaviour remains the same. The svn two weeks ago works good for me.

EDIT: Now I just updated only the TV-Server. Works good with the two weeks old svn from Mediaportal. So the bug is located in the present Mediaportal-svn.

I can confirm the pieture freeze on h264->mpeg2 behaviour

richy759

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2007
    Home Country
    I can confirm the pieture freeze on h264->mpeg2 behaviour
    Works fine here, just went from BBC-HD to ITV
    Using ffdshow for H.264 and nvidia pure decoder for mpeg2 on Xp SP3

Rich

Nigel_K

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2007
    Bath
    Home Country
    Update was KB 915597 definition 1.37.271.0

I had to re install ffdshow to get working again.

Will update to this svn tomorrow.

Just updated svn. All ok for me, HD SD channel changes no problem.

vvulture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I don't know if this is relevant or not. I am using RC1 and SVN 19510.
    Recently, i too had problems playing certain MP4 files which use to work just fine. In order to fix the problem, i had to re-install ffdshow tryouts ( the latest version ).

cheers

metropolis

Portal Pro
    June 1, 2007
    Orpington
    Home Country
    Picture freezing between HD and SD channels

Hi, like others, I also have the Picture freezing between HD and SD channels.
    Logs attached.

Regards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom