MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-08-08-2009 14-40h - Revision:23361.rar (2 Viewers)

Lowietje

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 21, 2008
    Aalsmeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Stuttering playback from recordings on clients

Hi

after installing the latest SVN i'm having trouble playing recorded stuff on my clients,
    The live TV seems to be working Oke, but if i look at a previous recording its really stuttering.

On a client with the svn from 02-08 its going great.

Hope anyone can solve this

Update
    After reinstalling MP with svn 0208 still problems with one client ??
    I'll have to look into this a bit more ....

Update 2:

it seems the problem is in mtn.exe, I renamed it (so MP coundn't find it) and now the streaming is oke.
    But as mtn.exe is part of MP there still is a problem ....

Update 3:

I see a lot of network traffic, which i guess is generated by mtx.exe, it rises upto 70 Mb / sec ...
    As this has something to do with movie thumbnail generation (in my case recordings), any chance on doing it on the server instead of the client, and only when idle ....

:D:D

Fantoman

Portal Member
    October 6, 2006
    Gosford
    Home Country
    Recording Notifications seem to be generating an unhandled exception in this SVN. Have checked the logs and there aren't any errors reported in there that I can see - haven't attached yet as I am just about to go to bed and wanted to at least get a report in on the error to see if anyone else could replicate it.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    After updating radio is'nt working anymore.

Startup MP , than you can watch tv without problems. But tuning to a radio station fails with a crash to desktop and after that you cannot watch or listen tv/radio without rebooting. Same thing happens in tv setup.

Ok, just went back to SVN 2/8/2009 and all is fine again. So ........

Hi,
    You could try the attach TsReader.ax (just replace the one in MediaPortal dir) & test., confirmed not working so remove, we(tourette) still works on it :D

Regards
    Roy

midiboy

Portal Pro
    March 14, 2005
    TV Server: Problem with TV server...

Hi guys,

Sometimes if the TV server has a scheduled recording it will try to record that recording multiple times but fail each time. Initially I thought that this only happens when two channels are recorded on one DVB-T bouquet but it has just happend with a single recording so I guess it happens randomly.

The relevant error message in the tv.log seems to be this one:

2009-08-09 18:39:27.534587 [10]: card: WaitForRecordingFile - waiting _eventAudio & _eventVideo
    2009-08-09 18:39:42.535445 [10]: card: WaitForRecordingFile - no audio was found after 15,0018581 seconds
    2009-08-09 18:39:42.537445 [10]: card: Recording failed! 2 D:\Videos\OTR\unknown_1.ts

So it seems that tv server waits for audio and quits if it does not find audio after 15 seconds. However, the same recording on the same channel worked fine a few minutes earlier so I doubt that the card (Terratec Cinergy DVB-T) is the problem. Also this card has worked fine with TV Server 1.01 for almost years.

I have attached the logfiles. The first recording in that logfile works fine, the second fails with the above problem. ( TV Server retries a few times)

Also, as you can see, all the recorded files are named unkown_*.ts.
    Can you please fix this with the next build ? Do you need more information ?

Bye,
    Alex

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    @romuz: Is that with SetupTV or TVService?
    Also please post your TVService.exe.config and SetupTV.exe.config

Arion

Thanks, your answer point me on whats wrong with my config :D

Lowietje

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 21, 2008
    Aalsmeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Roy,

I tried your TsReader, but still no luck, this was on a windows 7 client and a vista client.

Thanks anyway :oops:

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi Roy,

I tried your TsReader, but still no luck, this was on a windows 7 client and a vista client.

Thanks anyway :oops:

Hi,
    Ok, wasn't working here either, it worked for some & some not, thx for confirming :D

Regards
    Roy

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Thanks, your answer point me on whats wrong with my config :D

I'm not sure I understand. Did you solve your problem?
    If you did perhaps you could share what was wrong, so other users can benefit in case they have the same problem.

Arion

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom