MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot: 08-09-2007 01-01h - Revision:15483 (1 Viewer)

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hmmmm,
    This kinds of post on svn builder it's a mess, PLEASE make a complete bug report in the proper forum so we can collect information for further bug hunting, now we have posts everywhere & some of them can be real bugs which we can't discover & confirm/trace ;)

Regards
    Roy

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hmmmm,
    This kinds of post on svn builder it's a mess, PLEASE make a complete bug report in the proper forum so we can collect information for further bug hunting, now we have posts everywhere & some of them can be real bugs which we can't discover & confirm/trace ;)

Regards
    Roy

Would be time for a general advice. If we discover an issue with a svn post it here or in the bug forum?

Regards.
    grubi.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    When you find a bug, it would be better to add that to a bug report to bug forum as the top post say, with system specification & logs attached.
    Posts attached to svn build could be more a point to where it started, but when many ppl has discovered something you should start a report in bug forum.

Regards
    Roy

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hmmmm,

Regards
    Roy

Would be time for a general advice. If we discover an issue with a svn post it here or in the bug forum?

the 2nd post in every svn-build thread says the following.

This thread is open to everyone to provide feedback for this particular snapshot.
    If you found or confirm a bug please still open a single thread with full details in the Bugsection

:)

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hmmmm,

Regards
    Roy

the 2nd post in every svn-build thread says the following.

This thread is open to everyone to provide feedback for this particular snapshot.
    If you found or confirm a bug please still open a single thread with full details in the Bugsection

:)

Thanks for also helping the blind man ;)

So if we found a bug post in the bug section and when having issues not proven to be a bug post it here?

grubi.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    So if we found a bug post in the bug section and when having issues not proven to be a bug post it here?

I understood that this section was more of a heads up for other users who are thinking of installing an SVN.
    before I apply one, I always check the comments for the last few SVN downloads to see if there is anything that may affect my system.

This still doesn't take the place of the bug report section though.
    I guess post the issue here, with a link to the bug report that you have already posted.

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm confused.
    Where should this section be used for? (I think it should be used for bugs and other issues that have appeared since your last SVN and since your last stable version or something like that, and if its a bug also post it in a bugreport)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom