MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-08-22-2008 21-25h - Revision:20010.rar (2 Viewers)

MediaPortal-Bot

Worlds greatest bot!
March 26, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Infos:
These Subversion-snaps are compiled automatically, every week on friday.
They are not pre-tested, so please use the backup option from time to time.
If you'd like the bleeding edge code and don't mind the inherent risks, upgrade to the snapshot releases as they become available.
If stability is important to you, you might want to stay with the fully-tested releases.​

Report Issues / Bugs:
  1. Before you start an bugreport, make sure that you system meets the ::requirements::
  2. After you checked the requirements, take a look at our ::Bugtracker::, to find out if your issue has allready been reported.
    Roadmap/Changelog: MediaPortal 1 - TV-Server - Installers
  3. If the Problem is not known yet, please have a look at the correct Bugreport forum.

How to install MediaPortal SVN-Snapshots in short:
  1. Install MediaPortal 1.0 RC2, not necessary if already done
  2. Run the Snapshot-Installer. You should create a backup.
  3. Run Configure. Sometimes the settings and database versions change from build to build, so you have to reconfigure your TV for example
  4. Hopefully enjoy the new version
  5. If not, restore your old files and you will have the former version back.

MediaPortal-Bot

Worlds greatest bot!
March 26, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
===> DOWNLOAD <===

This thread is open to everyone to provide feedback for this particular snapshot.
If you found or confirm a bug please still open a single thread with full details in the related Bugsection. See first post for details.

Hammermensch

Portal Pro
September 19, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
still the Problem with HD-Channel. Im switching from SD to HD. I hear sound, but black screen. Switching back to SD. Sound, but black screen.

So i have to turn TV off and on again to get TV-Video.

This is what i did in the debug mode. here are my logs

KevinM

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Are you using ATI Catalyst version later than 8.5 ?

Reason I ask is that I had problems with MP while trying to sort out Blu-ray/HD-DVD until I discovered
    this thread .

This problem included black screens with most of the video decoders in MP apart from MPV. I uninstalled the latest Catalyst 8.7 and went back to 8.5 and all was well.

I notice that a lot of people having instability problems on the last MP svn-build are using ATI cards - wonder if this just coincidence ?

god_md5

Portal Pro
    March 24, 2008
    Home Country
    Hong Kong Hong Kong
    remove powerdvd 8 decode setup in mediapotral client?
    remove dvb epg description ?

eXDee

Portal Pro
    February 20, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thankyou MP devs!
    This fixed my hybrid card problem, now i can switch between analogue and digital without it failing.

Cheers.

bigflause

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    BBC HD still crashs mp to desktop and I can't scan any S2 channels with my floppyDTV S2.

BBC HD crash. it appears to use VMR9 even though EVR is disabled. preview and record in TVserver always works fine.

View attachment 24831

Hammermensch

Portal Pro
    September 19, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    remove powerdvd 8 decode setup in mediapotral client?
    remove dvb epg description ?

ok, i can delete power dvd8 codec or what do you mean with "powerdvd8 decode setup"?

What do you mean with dvb epg description?

@Kevin
    How can i found out which version i Installed? I know I installed the latest Catalyst 2 months ago, when I got the new Mainboard. So I think I have 8.6 or so?! Before I didnt watched HD.

Ok, so I think I will download the mainboard-driver Version if it is older then 8.6 and try again, but not now :)

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    ...I can't scan any S2 channels with my floppyDTV S2.

We changed a bit the way of handling S2 tps as it was too confusing as it was before.
    Now if you tick the S2 checkbox, Tv-Server look for a <satellite>-S2.ini file and if found, will use it to tune S2 tps.

In my case I select 13°E Hotbird from satellite list and I tick S2 checkbox in DVB-S2 main page. This instruct TV-Server to use 13° Hotbird-S2.ini for S2 scanning, and all works like a charm.

This way you have two benefits:

1) You don't need to do two scans as before ( "13° Hotbird" + "13° HDTV Channels" )
    2) During the scan you have no more some tps with nosignal due to S2 info missing

Hope this clarify how things works.

Simone

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    still the Problem with HD-Channel. Im switching from SD to HD. I hear sound, but black screen. Switching back to SD. Sound, but black screen.

So i have to turn TV off and on again to get TV-Video.

This is what i did in the debug mode. here are my logs

You have some entryes in error.log:

Gentle.Common.GentleException: The database backend (provider SQLServer) could not be reached.
    Check the connection string: Password=MediaPortal;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=sa;Initial Catalog=MpTvDbRC2;Data Source=htpc\SQLEXPRESS;Connection Timeout=300; ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot open database "MpTvDbRC2" requested by the login. The login failed.
    Login failed for user 'sa'.

Simone

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom