MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot: 10-13-2007 01-04h - Revision:16208 (1 Viewer)

MediaPortal-Bot

Worlds greatest bot!
March 26, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Infos:
These Subversion-snaps are compiled at about 01.00h (CET).
You can also visit the official irc-channel (#mediaportal) to get a notice when its ready for download. The trigger !svn gives you the latest update too.
They are not pre-tested, so please use the backup option from time to time.
If you'd like the bleeding edge code and don't mind the inherent risks, upgrade to the snapshot releases as they become available.
If stability is important to you, you might want to stay with the fully-tested releases.

How to install MediaPortal SVN-Snapshots in short:
1) Install MediaPortal 0.2.3.0 RC2, not necessary if already done
2) install .NET Framework Version 2.0
3) Run the Snapshot-Installer. You should create a backup.
4) Run Configure. Sometimes the settings and database versions change from build to build, so you have to reconfigure your TV for example
5) Hopefully enjoy the new version
6) If not, restore your old files and you will have the former version back.

Important notice: The backup function wont work for Vista atm, here you need to save your configuration manually. A rewrite is planned but will take some more time for testing.

MediaPortal-Bot

Worlds greatest bot!
March 26, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Changelog since last snapshot:

Music 12/10/2007 [10:43:18] hwahrmann added: AlbumArtists were not detected correctly, when scanning the DB
Music 12/10/2007 [14:50:01] hwahrmann added: Config contains option to change the Artist / AlbumArtist Prefix on Scan. i.e. The Beatles -" Beatles, The
MyMusic 12/10/2007 [15:41:52] rtv added: added context option for AMG album and artist info lookup when using database views
General 12/10/2007 [16:06:48] rtv added: remote (FTP) shares did not work any longer
TVE3 12/10/2007 [17:35:06] tourette added: disabled unwanted logging for TsWriter.ax
tvsetup 12/10/2007 [20:21:43] gibman added: fixed "TV EPG grabber" buttons not working.
ExternalDisplay 12/10/2007 [22:49:41] JoeDalton added: reverted SG_VFD.dll to fix iMon VFD problems
ExternalDisplay 12/10/2007 [22:50:17] JoeDalton added: Changed iMon LCD driver to use new SG_LCD.dll driver
TvPlugin 12/10/2007 [22:56:45] gemx added: MyRadio now saves the last channelgroup and after restart it opens the group automatically

===> click here to download <===

This thread is open to everyone to provide feedback for this particular snapshot.
If you found or confirm a bug please still open a single thread with full details in the Bugsection

Franky66

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Genre Thumbs

The creating of Genre Thumbs in the Music Database doesn't work.

Wadu

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 5, 2007
    Salzburg
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    When I save the configuration a message "input password audio scrobbler" is shown.
    I activate the plugin
    Typed a password into the audio scrobbler.
    Deactivate the plugin
    And now its possible to save the MP configuration.

Ciao
    wadu

PatrikN

Portal Member
    February 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Chemelli is right!

Many of us is now buying AMD690G chipset motherboards with integrated graphics (perfect for small HTPC:s), and this issue is a problem for all of us. BUT, I think the problem doesn't exist in Vista Ultimate with 0.2.3RC2 SVN XXX and ATI Catalyst 7.9. Where is the difference, hmmm?

//Patrik

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    BUT, I think the problem doesn't exist in Vista Ultimate with 0.2.3RC2 SVN XXX and ATI Catalyst 7.9. Where is the difference, hmmm?

//Patrik

Patrik, I and many others have the issue with Vista and MediaPortal 0.2.3RC2 with or without SVNs...

I'm running Vista Home Premium just to be specific...

Simone

PatrikN

Portal Member
    February 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    OK Chemelli!

My fault, sorry.
    I tested it on another HD and I had no problem. Maybe I tested for too short time.

//Patrik

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    OK Chemelli!

My fault, sorry.
    I tested it on another HD and I had no problem. Maybe I tested for too short time.

//Patrik

Patrik,

you mean that with Vista + ATI Catalyst 7.9 + MP 0.2.3 RC2 is working fine for you for more than 5 minutes ?

I cannot achive this result, I need to use "0.2.3 RC1 + Catalyst 7.9" or "0.2.3 RC2 + Catalyst 7.2".

Looking forward for your feedback

Simone

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom