MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-10-20-2009 20-02h - Revision:23908.rar (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Doctor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yes same here. it looks like one transponder is being scanned, and next one not.. etc.
    Also watching TV with one tuner is almost impossible.. Need to stop timeshifting first; then go to another channel..
    It's driving me crazy; and now fully on 1.0.2, cause that one works.. My main use of Mediaportal is TV.

Same problem posted in:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...vision-23831-rar-71776/index4.html#post521163
    &
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...fter-2nd-attempt-70511/index2.html#post520740

This problem occured first time in the 1st Beta release. The Alpha release is not affacted and works like a charm. None of the beta's are working like it should in the TV part. I tried all svn clear install's new tv database everything.

Logs are posted twice if this is not going to be solved (that is the tuning part) i'll have to stay with the alpha. I cannot test the beta's every week all the way through because of the wife and kids who will kill me if I do.

Go on devs we all hope you guys get this nasty bug nailed. ;)

krikkit

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2008
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    It's not possible to disable resolutions in either win7 display properties or ati ccc. I've tried everything I can think of to get this to work, short of reinstalling windows 7 or switching back to vista or XP.

Mediaportal needs to properly detect the switch back to 1080p.

When I switch my TV's input away from the media pc (which is connected at 1080p over hdmi), and then back, Windows 7 seems to switch to 1024x768 then back to 1920x1080.

What if you disabled the undesired resolution(s) from display properties/ati ccc so it was no longer available, this may force Win7 to stick to 1920x1080

had exactly the same issue like you... have a amd 785 g chipset board with radeon hd 4200... connected to my LCD via HDMI output, sound also goes over hdmi cable..

my solution:
    connected my TV with a DVI->HDMI cable instead of the hdmi->hdmi cable before, also switched to analog audio output to tv... since this switch i have not seen this problem any more...

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It's not possible to disable resolutions in either win7 display properties or ati ccc. I've tried everything I can think of to get this to work, short of reinstalling windows 7 or switching back to vista or XP.

Mediaportal needs to properly detect the switch back to 1080p.

When I switch my TV's input away from the media pc (which is connected at 1080p over hdmi), and then back, Windows 7 seems to switch to 1024x768 then back to 1920x1080.

What if you disabled the undesired resolution(s) from display properties/ati ccc so it was no longer available, this may force Win7 to stick to 1920x1080

I can suggest something that would be guaranteed to work, however it is just really bypassing the problem. Gefen DVI Detective (There is also DVI doctor which does the same thing apparently), I used to use one with my HTPC last year. Basically it's a short piece of cable with a litttle box. You plug it into the TV, it stores the EDID handshake from your TV, you then plug it into your PC. Now it fools the video card into thinking your TV is always On and always connected. The TV plugs into the back of the gefen device. It doesn't change the video signal at all, it just keeps the connection always on/active/plugged in.

AberDino

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2005
    Kincardineshire
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    It doesn't change the video signal at all, it just keeps the connection always on/active/plugged in.

I've got an ATI HD3450 graphics card with ATI DVI to HDMI adapter, and I use the card's audio feature so I get video+audio to my TV. I tried a Gefen DVI Detective, and unfortunately I lost the sound so I had to return the unit. It's probably because the ATI card has a custom DVI pinout to accommodate the sound, incompatible with the DVI Detective. If you're only interested in video the unit works fine.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    i remember reading something on the forum about a new version that might fix the sound problem, not sure though you'd have to research yourself.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    It doesn't change the video signal at all, it just keeps the connection always on/active/plugged in.

I've got an ATI HD3450 graphics card with ATI DVI to HDMI adapter, and I use the card's audio feature so I get video+audio to my TV. I tried a Gefen DVI Detective, and unfortunately I lost the sound so I had to return the unit. It's probably because the ATI card has a custom DVI pinout to accommodate the sound, incompatible with the DVI Detective. If you're only interested in video the unit works fine.

Geffen has HDMI detective (of course it is not cheap one :)). But it should allow passing the audio and HDCP as well.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Geffen has HDMI detective (of course it is not cheap one :)). But it should allow passing the audio and HDCP as well.

Are you aware that there are more than one versions of the dvi>hdmi adapters?
    I had a wrong one at first (old 2xxx series) and this did not work with the 3xxx/4xxx series dvi>hdmi connectors. I bought a new one and the problems for me were gone.. See this thread where I helped someone else with the same problem, and see for the result ofcourse. Maybe this can help with the described problem

hulkhaugen

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2008
    Arendal
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    In the new channels search screen, the search window doesn't scale if i maximize to fullscreen as it used to until this SVN. I also have some major stability problems with TvService.exe, and i've tried 3 clean installs now. I'm currently working on a new channel search, will post logs later...

melstig

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2006
    Umea
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Really unstable version for me

Finally I took the step to SVN's again from 1.02 stable but this version does not work well for me. MP totally freezes and I have to reboot the PC to get it up again. The problem occurs when stopping a recording, stopping live TV or stopping a recording. See logs from stopping live tv.

Alsothere seems to be something changed when mounting an ISO-movie. When mounted the folders on the ISO is viewed and the movie starts playing. No logs.

melstig

The freeze is in the bottom of the mediaportal.bak-file.

2009-10-28 18:56:01.016375 [Info.][MPMain]: Remove of filter: Default DirectSound Device, failed with code (HR): -2147220956, explanation: The operation could not be performed because the filter is not stopped.
    2009-10-28 18:56:01.016375 [Debug][MPMain]: Remove filter from graph: MONOGRAM AAC Decoder
    2009-10-28 18:56:01.016375 [Debug][MPMain]: Remove filter from graph: CoreAVC Video Decoder
    2009-10-28 18:56:01.016375 [Debug][MPMain]: Remove filter from graph: Video Mixing Renderer 9
    2009-10-28 18:56:01.016375 [Debug][MPMain]: PlaneScene: PresentImage() dispose surfaces
    2009-10-28 18:56:01.047625 [Info.][MPMain]: Remove of filter: Video Mixing Renderer 9, failed with code (HR): -2147220956, explanation: The operation could not be performed because the filter is not stopped.
    2009-10-28 18:56:01.047625 [Debug][MPMain]: Remove filter from graph: MPC - MPEG-2 Video Decoder (Gabest)

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    2009-10-28 18:56:01.047625 [Info.][MPMain]: Remove of filter: Video Mixing Renderer 9, failed with code (HR): -2147220956, explanation: The operation could not be performed because the filter is not stopped.

Should be fixed by today public SVN, please upgrade and report in the new thread if it's still an issue.

Simone

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom