MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-12-24-2009 16-14h - Revision:24553.rar (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    Re: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-12-24-2009 16-14h - Revision:24553.rar

jameson_uk : can't reproduce that error on Win7 x64,singleseat and i have no XP OS here to test...

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

@jameson_uk : can't reproduce that error on Win7 x64,singleseat and i have no XP OS here to test...

This seems to crash 9 time out of 10 just by starting recording and then stopping full screen.

I turned off force RTSP in the debug options and problem goes away. There is a bad side to this though in that resume no longer works and playback always starts from the begining even when asked if you want to resume. (edit: just done a little more digging and the resume issue is H264 content only, seems to be working on MPEG2)

Could you try this with VMR9 as your renderer instead of EVR and see if you have problems then?

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania

Ok managed to reproduce this on my Win7 x64 system by forcing RTSP on singleseat...is crashing when using both VMR9 or EVR...
    Start and Stop an HD recording crashed MP all the time:(

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country

Is not just HD, is crashing for me on SD too. The force RTSP in singleseat was enabled on my machine, I did not touch this before so I assume this is the default somewhere? Should it be though? With this option disabled changing channels is much much quicker

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania

Is not just HD, is crashing for me on SD too. The force RTSP in singleseat was enabled on my machine, I did not touch this before so I assume this is the default somewhere? Should it be though? With this option disabled changing channels is much much quicker

Try disabling all those debug options and you will see that RTSP it will not be used anymore in singleseat ;)...it was just a left over from the previous svn build i guess

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country

Trying to get as much testing in now as doubt I will be allowed to do any tinkering for the next week or so :rolleyes:

Very slight issue with the progress bar on recordings. The green bar does not go to the end and is scaled differently to the red bar. Means you get the red bar overtaking the green one.

Also the issue I reported about the OSD showing both the new and old program details (overlapping) when changing channels (here)
    and the issue that series / episode data are not showing in EPG searches (here)

are now the only things stopping MP being just about perfect :D

Really appreciate all the hard work the devs have put in to make this the best MP yet :D

Attachments

• 17-59-35.png
      17-59-35.png
      197.7 KB
    • 17-59-47.png
      17-59-47.png
      235.2 KB

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania

Trying to get as much testing in now as doubt I will be allowed to do any tinkering for the next week or so :rolleyes:

Very slight issue with the progress bar on recordings. The green bar does not go to the end and is scaled differently to the red bar. Means you get the red bar overtaking the green one.

Also the issue I reported about the OSD showing both the new and old program details (overlapping) when changing channels (here)
    and the issue that series / episode data are not showing in EPG searches (here)

are now the only things stopping MP being just about perfect :D

Really appreciate all the hard work the devs have put in to make this the best MP yet :D

We are aware of those OSD issues but we postponed because the TsReader regression needed alot of testing and it was much more important ,but i'm sure we will fix those as soon we will get some free time ;)

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Black Christmas SVN build

During the previous years we have published a new version of MediaPortal around the christmas time, unfortunitely this year is a bit different and 1.1.0 is not yet as mature as we would like it to be so we are giving a xmas present in a form of SVN release only.

Happy xmas from the whole MP team!

I had worse xmas presents ;)

Thx a lot @ the whole MediaPortal Team for all the hard work you put into MP in 2009!!!

:D

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

As a quick note (no, I'm not lurking in the forums for the whole xmas evening ;)). Please post reports as well when the TV side is working without issues. Those are as important as the failure reports.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country

Please post reports as well when the TV side is working without issues. Those are as important as the failure reports.
    Aside from the issue with RTSP above, if I turn off RTSP on both client and server then TV (live and recorded) seems to be working fine with both SD and HD on main (single-seat) XP machine using VMR9 and other desktop (client running Vista on EVR).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom