1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MediaPortal to Kodi

Discussion in 'Other HTPC Applications (no support)' started by Branksome, January 4, 2015.

1. Branksome
    • Premium Supporter

Branksome MP Donator

Retired
    Ratings:
    +18 / 1
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    I am running MP 1.9 under Win7 and Kodi (formerly XBMC) on a Raspberry Pi. With the appropriate plugins and a password protected SMB share,, I have set up to stream live TV from MP to Kodi

On Kodi, under Recordings there is the list of recorded TV programs which I can play. Under EPG, there is the EPG for the selected group of TV Channels I have chosen to share. And under Channels, there is the list of TV stations I have chosen to share. So far, so good

But when I select a TV channel, after “working..” is displayed, I then get briefly the message “ Unable to access c:\programdata\team medi….”

I have added the folder c:\programdata\team mediaportal to the password protected share for both read/write, but still I get the “unable to access..” message even after reboot of Kodi. I don’t know whether there is a specific file it is looking for
    Any suggestions?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Branksome
    • Premium Supporter

Branksome MP Donator

Retired
    Ratings:
    +18 / 1
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    I have overcome the above problem by selecting ffmpg rather than TSWriter on Kodi.

This has shown up another problem which I have taken up on the Kodi community forum

4. The_Stig
    • Team MediaPortal

The_Stig Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +383 / 5
    Thanks for reporting back (y)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

• About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Like Us On Facebook

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!