MediaPortal & Wakeup for Recording (1 Viewer)

usualsuspect

Portal Pro
May 12, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
maybe it's better to switch to gmps-forum. so goersch the developer of gmps can help you, too.
in 2.4 the sleep should not be enabled automatically. (unless you tell gmps to let windows do the away->sleep.

when your sleep mode is s3 (standby) the system should fall to sleep a few 10 seconds after you tell it to do so. it will first go to away mode, which is not 100% ideal, because in this ~20 seconds, you will bring it back to user mode just by moving your mouse or pressing any button.
when your sleep mode is s4 (hibernate) it should be imediately, because power-/sleep- buttons are mapped automatically.

Sohvaperuna

Portal Pro
January 29, 2008
maybe it's better to switch to gmps-forum. so goersch the developer of gmps can help you, too.
in 2.4 the sleep should not be enabled automatically. (unless you tell gmps to let windows do the away->sleep.

Ok, In case I do not get it working now. I will go there, english forum just looks rather dead there..

Thanks!

datfreak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2006
    old post but it is apt for my problem.

The same as stated-- windows 7 32,but with the newest MP- will not wake up from sleep to record tv, after putting to sleep with the mce remote.

Anyone got a better workaround for this?

TakeOver79

Portal Member
    January 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Same problem here. MP does not resume from S3 no matter if it was manually or automatically put to S3 sleep mode. Fresh Windows 7 and MP 1.1.2.

Definitely a MP problem because a dummy scheduled task wakes the system perfectly, executes the job, and put the computer to sleep (even repetitively).

Powerscheduler was exactly setup as described in the wiki.

Mickey2Eyes

Portal Pro
    December 18, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have the same problem with MP1.1.2 and Windows7.
    Everything works fine except the resuming from hibernate to do a recording.
    I already tested the Powerscheduler++ Plugin from TV Server Plugins section but it didn't help

Does anybody have a solution?

Mickey2Eyes

Portal Pro
    December 18, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Maybe I have a solution.
    I reseted the energy options to standard, then I changed the options back to what I set before.
    One test recording worked, the pc woke up from hibernate.
    Maybe TakeOver79, Eeyore and datfreak can test this.

Another idea could be, execute tvserver.exe and mediaporal.exe as administrator...

TakeOver79

Portal Member
    January 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for your reply! Do you mean the windows settings? Or the plugin settings? Or both?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom