Mediaportal will not delete Recorded TV items that do not exist (1 Viewer)

Ronski

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2008
    England England
    Country flag
    I've had exactly the same problem as described in the thread below. I had a couple of recordings listed in Recorded TV but have been unable to delete them from recorded TV for a very long time (years).

Mediaportal will not delete Recorded TV items that do not exist

So Googling today I found the above thread, which suggested it only happened with recorded series which should have a sub folder in the appropriate channel - neither of my recordings had sub folders - they no longer existed for whatever reason. So I created empty folders named after each show in the correct channel folders, the result was I could delete the offending recordings from the list.

I was able to replicate the bug, I created a series record, let it record for a few minutes then cancelled the schedule stopping the recording. I renamed the folder for the series, and was then not able to delete it from within Recorded TV - I just got a error message saying "Failed to delete TV recording Watchdog Live". Renaming the Watchdog Live folder back to the correct name enabled me to delete the recording.

So this bug still exists - I'm running 1.19 on the TV server and just upgraded this machine to 1.20.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads
    OP Title Forum Replies Date
    A MediaPortal Error log issue MediaPortal 1 Talk 26
    gpnash 1.27.0 mediaportal split between two monitors? MediaPortal 1 Talk 8
    Steve.Rayner61 MediaPortal won't start following W10 Update General Support 5
    Scheibes I must leave MediaPortal Team Lounge 2
    V Einstellen von ServusTV zum Aufnehmen provoziert Neustart von Mediaportal TV / Streaming 0
    R MpExtended fails to find MediaPortal TV Server Installation, configuration support 0
    T Madvr with GeForce 30xx - can't play SDR content after playing HDR General Support 26
    high 1.27.0 MediaPortal 1 - 1.27 Released! News and Announcements 0
    M TechniSat CableStar HD2 / Windows 10? Und dann natürlich auch unter Mediaportal? TV / Streaming 1
    ge2301 MediaPortal 2.3.2 Release News and Announcements 0
    S mediaportal with headphone General Support 13
    ge2301 MediaPortal 2.3.1 Release News and Announcements 0
    ajs 1.27.0 MediaPortal 1.27 Pre-Release ready for testing! News and Announcements 2
    T Change tv subtitle in MediaPortal 1.26 Newcomers Forum 12
    T Change tv subtitle in MediaPortal 1.26 MediaPortal 1 Talk 0
    G 1.26.0 Errors when exiting Mediaportal GUI using StreamedMP 3.2.2.0 skin. StreamedMP 0
    S MP2 - V2.3 MediaPortal 2.3 Client stürzt ab - freetype6.dll nicht gefunden General 1
    ajs 1.26.0 MediaPortal 1 - 1.26 Released! News and Announcements 1
    T Neuer MediaPortal Rechner Barebones/PC-Systeme/Kaufberatung 2
    morpheus_xx [News] MediaPortal 2.3 Release News and Announcements 4
    G Anyone else having issues with MC2XML? (not a Mediaportal issue) General Support 3
    A MediaPortal crash (and restart) on LiveTV after Windows Update (Sep 2020) driver update for Intel HD Graphics 4600 General Support 12
    A VideoDatabaseV5.db3 lock not released on shutting down PC from MediaPortal Installation, configuration support 0
    ajs [News] MediaPortal 1.26 Pre-Release ready for testing! News and Announcements 0
    F MediaPortal 1.16 server crashing due to user error? General Support 5