MediaPortal with an AV Receiver (1 Viewer)

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I've been using MP for many years in the living room with a big screen TV, and a 5.1 powered speaker system via analog audio outputs. It's worked ok but the sound quality wasn't the best. We just purchased a AV receiver and and new speakers, with MP output connected to the receiver via HDMI, and it sounds great, but there is an issue when pausing a video or TV in MP. If it is paused for more than 2 or 3 seconds, unpausing stops playback and the show appears as if it has played to the end. Restarting play starts from the beginning. So currently we have to always remember to stop play and restart rather than pausing, which is inconvenient. What would be causing this?

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    In General Settings/Startup resume, see if the Stop playback on removal of an audio renderer is checked or not. This might be the culprit.

Emph

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Weird, do you have the same problem if you play a video with VLC or some other player with MP closed? Also is the TV also connected to the HDMI?

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The checkbox mentioned is unchecked. I found a solution. I had selected the AV HDMI device as the audio renderer in the MP Config. I switched to DirectSound and the issue disappeared, along with a problem with DTS passthrough. Some issue with WASAPI apparently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom