Mediaportal won't install (Unable to connect to internet) (1 Viewer)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Country flag
    Just dragged an old pc into the livingroom as my previous htpc went up in smoke :(

Freshly installed vista, no bells/whistles/firewall/antivirus/whatever, and after starting the installer of MP 1.8 I was greeted with the error "No internet connection found".

After manually installing the prerequisites and the 2 setups left in the tempdirectory I wasn't able to get it working.
    It turned out to be a wrong url on the requirements page https://www.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal/requirements points to the VC2008 redist, and it turned out that I needed the VC2010 redist.
    After that, it worked good enough to pass the time until my replacements are arrived.

So, don't know if the VC2008 is still needed too, but either the requirements list is outdated or incomplete.

And, does anyone know what exactly is generating the "unable to connect" error?

System specs:
    reasonably low-end, clean vista32 SP2 install, .Net 2.0 (as included in vista), .Net 3.5, 4.0 and 4.5.1 (manually installed)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    A VideoDatabaseV5.db3 lock not released on shutting down PC from MediaPortal Installation, configuration support 0
    ajs [News] MediaPortal 1.26 Pre-Release ready for testing! News and Announcements 0
    F MediaPortal 1.16 server crashing due to user error? General Support 5
    M Add Radio channels and EPG to Mediaportal xmlTV 2
    Symphy Version 0.2.9.0 for MediaPortal 1.25 ASIO music player 0
    doskabouter Installing mediaportal MediaPortal 1 3
    A Mediaportal Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 0
    G Update von MediaPortal Installationsprobleme? 0
    ajs [News] MediaPortal 1 - 1.25 Released! News and Announcements 1
    horned_reaper Standby is prevented by MediaPortal client General Support 0
    U [solved] MediaPortal crashing on startup General Support 10
    g0rsq Info box randomly popping up when watching TV or other video MediaPortal 2 Newcomers Forum 1
    high [unanswered] Hallo möchte gerne Mediaportal. nutzen kann mich jemand anrufen? contactform feedback and requests 2
    ajs [News] MediaPortal 1.25 Pre-Release ready for testing! News and Announcements 0
    ajs [Rejected] Mediaportal Codename MediaPortal 1 48
    M 2nd (Touch-)Display Support on MediaPortal 2 such MPDisplay++? General 2
    N Steam release of MediaPortal MediaPortal 1 Talk 0
    torone Dritter versuch mit Mediaportal 2 Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 1
    M Fehlerhafter Link auf der aktuellen MediaPortal Seite Page- und Forumsfeedback 0
    H 1.24.0 MP 1.24 high CPU utilization when 'Keep MediaPortal always on top' option enabled Bugreports 4
    mickb [solved] Mediaportal Stops working General Support 5
    J [solved] Newbie to MediaPortal 2 - Cannot open/run TV programs Newcomers Forum 4
    atlantic How to use Spotify inside Mediaportal? Listen Music 18
    horned_reaper MediaPortal configuration error log message General Support 1
    Rob Hexenmeister Mediaportal Properties #plot etc... General Support 3