[solved] MediaPortal2 2.3.1 opens first time and run then after closing does not run again just crashes (1 Viewer)

Peter PROMS

Portal Member
January 1, 2021
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Actions.
Open MediaPortal2 32 bit.
Close MediaPortal2 from the menu.
Try to Open MediaPortal2 and nothing happens other than crash see logs attached.
Can be replicated every time and have to restart PC to start program again.
MediaPortal2 restart functions without problem.
OS Windows10 Professional latest build.

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2021-01-25-19.10.11.zip
    693.6 KB

Peter PROMS

Portal Member
January 1, 2021
Home Country
New update another crash on closing see attached with an actual error shown on screen after playing an old windows media player recording.

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2021-01-25-20.52.43.zip
    696.5 KB

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Known problem, hopefully a fix soon. If you close it with the "x" in the top right corner it should restart OK.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Known problem, hopefully a fix soon. If you close it with the "x" in the top right corner it should restart OK.
    Could you try this with the latest build once again. I had no issues and could not reproduce it, but I do also not see any commits to related Jira-Ticket. It could be somebody fixed it wthout attaching the Jira number.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No problem with MP 2.4 BUT the test PC has been upgraded recently , new mobo, cpu and dram, so I can't be 100% sure, given it seems not to be a general problem, that the change of hardware has fixed it. I would be good if the op here could test and confirm.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Peter PROMS
    Would it be ok, to test a pre-version with regard to the issue reported here?

@henso @Brownard did you perhaps fix the issue already? I could at least not find a commit related to the Jira and I'm not able to reproduce the issue anymore with MP2.4 #27

Last edited:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @henso @Brownard did you perhaps fix the issue already? I could at least not find a commit related to the Jira and I'm not able to reproduce the issue anymore with MP2.4 #27

For other reasons I have just re-installed MP 2.3.2 and can confirm this failure has returned. So it does look like MP 2.4 build 27 has a fix.:)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For other reasons I have just re-installed MP 2.3.2 and can confirm this failure has returned. So it does look like MP 2.4 build 27 has a fix.:)
    That's good (y) Just I prefer to see it was intentially fixed and not unintentionally because of another change.
    In any case I'll close the Jira and set the point as done.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    did you perhaps fix the issue already?
    Not intentionally :D. I did fix an issue with the PluginManager and Nereus home lists that I first saw in a set of logs posted in regards to this issue, but there was no obvious causal link...but maybe there was.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That's good (y) Just I prefer to see it was intentially fixed and not unintentionally because of another change.
    In any case I'll close the Jira and set the point as done.
    Not quite sure what has happened or is going on but following my test with MP2.3.2 I did an update re-install of MP 2.4 build 27 but was still seeing the failure, I then uninstalled and deleted both Team MediaPortal folders and did a clean install of MP 2.4 build 27 but the problem remained. I even did a restore from the backup I took prior to the downgrade to 2.3.2 but the problem remains, also tried build 31 but no change.o_O
    On further investigation it does seem to be rather different although if I use the x in the right hand corner to close MP2 there is never a problem but when I use the shutdown menu sometimes but not always MP2 will not restart or after clicking the icon on the taskbar I get an "unhandled exception" reported and then after a further click MP2 starts up normally (see an example in the attached log). In the condition where it will not restart at all MP2 can be seen to still be running in the Taskmanager (see attached screenshot), after manually closing that MP2 will restart, also on occasions this will close on its own after some time.
    Hope someone can tell if this the same problem or something else but it is weird because I used the shutdown menu dozens of times on the original MP 2.4 install and never once saw a problem.:confused:
    mp2.jpg

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2021-05-04-14.06.07.zip
      466.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom