MediaPortal2 V2.3.1 Crash in Recorded TV playback (1 Viewer)

Peter PROMS

Portal Member
January 1, 2021
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
The recorded BBC TV programmed playback shows Video and Sound for 3 seconds then the application crashes from the MediaPlayer running 64bit and 32 bit.

Windows 10 Professional 64bit latest build.

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2021-01-01-18.53.30.zip
    220.8 KB

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for posting this, I did not see this kind of crash before. It seems to be related to subtitles inside your recording:

Application: MP2-Client (x64).exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
    at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.CopyToManaged(IntPtr, System.Object, Int32, Int32)
    at MediaPortal.UI.Players.Video.Subtitles.SubtitleRenderer.CopyBits(IntPtr, System.Drawing.Bitmap ByRef, Int32, Int32, Int32)
    at MediaPortal.UI.Players.Video.Subtitles.SubtitleRenderer.ToSubtitle(IntPtr)
    at MediaPortal.UI.Players.Video.Subtitles.SubtitleRenderer.OnSubtitle(IntPtr)

Can you upload a short sample for debugging this?

What happens if you disable subtitles before starting playback of the recording? (under settings, players, video player)

Peter PROMS

Portal Member
    January 1, 2021
    Home Country
    I ran the 32 bit version which showed subtitles and didn't crash. I have turned off subtitles and now the 64 bit version doesn't crash either. I will monitor this tomorrow and if I get another crash without subtitles I will send a sample video.

Peter PROMS

Portal Member
    January 1, 2021
    Home Country
    Subtitles was the issue as all now working fine. If anyone else gets this error try running in 32bit mode and removing subtitles setting. Then both 32bit and 64bit playback recordings of BBC TV without issues. You can close off this as workaround found.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Nice to found a workaround.

But I would really prefer a sample of the recording to be able to properly fix this. Can you please do a recording with subtitles, cut off 1 minute and share it here?

Peter PROMS

Portal Member
    January 1, 2021
    Home Country
    Attached is a recording in the zip file with the errors. It crashes in 64bit version. 32bit version doesn't crash.

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2021-01-02-22.14.51.zip
      7.3 MB

Peter PROMS

Portal Member
    January 1, 2021
    Home Country
    I did get another error after closing down the 32bit version after playing the same video. see attached

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2021-01-02-22.19.54.zip
      286.8 KB

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I could find and fix the issue. It was quite nasty, as the C++ compiler produced a different struct layout for 64 bit builds. Adding a "#pragma pack(1)" above the subtitles structure fixed the issue. @Developers

I will publish a fix this evening

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom