MediaSlayer - CD and DVD HD ripping tool (1 Viewer)

Mencoder - working or not

• Yep, all is fine

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • No and I'm frustrated

Votes: 65 69.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

alexirion

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 8, 2010
    St. Georgen im Schwarzwald
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    #1 from above is fixed with the latest version, but the disc is still not ejected and ripping never ends. Ejecting from the explorer and cancelling ripping works.
    --Alex

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Manfred,

Hope you're well!

I've managed to get 1.7 up and running with MP 1.3beta. Other than some minor(ish) skin issues it's working fine.

One small thing I've noticed so far is that once the ripping is complete, the MyVideos DB entry doesn't show any media info icons. If I delete the record and "re-scan" the title is re-added to the DB and the media icons are present :confused:.

So far I've only tested by ripping a DVD using the "Full" option.

Any ideas what might be happening? It's only a minor thing but would be nice to know :).

Also, have you had any time for the source code recently? Would love to get my hands on it and see if I can add a couple of things. Obviously I wouldn't publish anything without talking to you first and TBH I may not be able to get them to work anyway but I'd like to try :p.

All the best,

Wo0zy

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi Marco,

It was a dirty hack. I temporarily disabled compatibility checking by replacing common.utils.dll with a custom version, installed MediaSlayer then put the original DLL back. MediaSlayer is still reported as incompatible in extension installer but it works.

That said there are skin issues with new default wide and titan extended doesn't have support at all. I'm working on the latter and hope to post an "unofficial" skin file for titan in the next day or so (time permitting).

If you want to give this a try drop me a message and I'll PM you a link to the custom dll. Obviously this is a totally unsupported hack! Hopefully Manfred will find some time to do an update for 1.3b in the not too distant future.

Wo0zy.

cabala

Portal Pro
    October 30, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi Wo0zy,

Yes, I would like to receive the link to the custom dll so I can do some testing.

Thanks,

Marco

-Manfred-

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    There is 1.7beta version available in the first post which supports MP1.3alpha and hopefully beta also. DefaultWide skin is supported but Titan skin file is missing as it was not part of MP1.3alpha.

Last edited:

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    There is 1.7beta version available in the first post which supports MP1.3alpha and hopefully beta also. DefaultWide skin is supported but Titan skin file is missing as it was not part of MP1.3alpha.

Hi Manfred,

Happy New Year!

I'm not sure about Marco but I am talking about installing 1.7beta from the first post on a clean MP1.3b installation (just tried it again to be sure :)).

I've attached screenshots of the error. If you need further information let me know.

All the best,

Wo0zy

Attachments

• Dependency_error.jpg
      Dependency_error.jpg
      347.1 KB
    • Dependency_error_info.jpg
      Dependency_error_info.jpg
      134.1 KB
    • Dependency_error_info2.jpg
      Dependency_error_info2.jpg
      55.1 KB
    Last edited:

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    @cabala

Assuming you are trying to install 1.7 from the first post the simplest thing to do is open MediaSlayer_1.7.0.mpe1 using 7zip then open "MediaPortalExtension.xml" in notepad.

Once you've done that find the "Dependencies" tag and change the two <WarnOnly> elements from "false" to "true". Once you've done that, save the file back to the archive and try running the installer again. You'll still get a warning but the install should proceed.

Just tried it here and it worked fine ;).

Oh yeah, once the install is finished you'll also want to grab Manfred's updated mediaslayer.dll from here.

Wo0zy

Last edited:

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    @Manfred; Re the DefaultWide skin file.

The problem is that the default control is set to "25" and when you first enter MediaSlayer the spincontrol associated with id25 is not on the screen making it impossible to active the hidden menu with a keyboard or remote (obviously you can with a mouse). See image1 attached.

This is easily fixed by changing the default control to say <id>3</id> but then when you enter MediaSlayer the layout doesn't look right because the hidden menu is immediately activated and covers the "coverart" placeholder and (if enabled) the storage space indicators. See image2 attached.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Attachments

• image1.jpg
      image1.jpg
      75.2 KB
    • image2.jpg
      image2.jpg
      69 KB

cabala

Portal Pro
    October 30, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi Wo0zy,

Thanks for your great advice! All ok here, with MP 1.3b and Black Glass Nova HD (last SVN). I think that Tgx (the BGHD skin's author) have found the right way to translate all the graphic stuff...

All my best,

Marco

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom