MediaSlayer - CD and DVD HD ripping tool (5 Viewers)

Mencoder - working or not

• Yep, all is fine

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • No and I'm frustrated

Votes: 65 69.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

-Manfred-

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I will work on this and actually have everything else ready than just Titan skin - oh boy I hate skinning and with my temper not an easy task :) Cannot understand how skinners can do their magic without losing sanity?!?

Anyway I did add possibility to trigger menu via context menu button on remote and removed the installer dependency checking.

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I will work on this and actually have everything else ready than just Titan skin - oh boy I hate skinning and with my temper not an easy task :) Cannot understand how skinners can do their magic without losing sanity?!?

Anyway I did add possibility to trigger menu via context menu button on remote and removed the installer dependency checking.

Hi Manfred,

That's great! And to show my appreciation please find attached a working Titan skin file :).

I'm not completely happy with the layout yet (in fact I'm already working on an alternative) and I'm sure I must have missed something (localization for instance) but hopefully it might be useful to you.

One other thought. While you're in MediaSlayer mode :) have you thought about converting the two togglebuttons ("Get Cover Art" and "Eject") to "Checkbuttons" ready for when the togglebutton support is removed?

Thanks again,

Wo0zy

Attachments

• MediaSlayer.zip
      1.6 KB

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Manfred,

For once I actually have a CD ripping related issue and wondered if you'd be kind enough to take a look?

My wife got the Michael Bublé Christams Album for, um, Christmas :). MediaSlayer recognises it just fine and ripping goes well up to track 15.
    This track should be "Mis Deseo - Feliz Navidad (Duet with Thalia)". However, MediaSlayer rips it with a file name of "15 - Mis Deseo - eliz Navidad (Duet with Thalia)", a title of "eliz Navidad (Duet with Thalia)" and instead of the "Contributing Artist" tag being Michael Bublé (as with the previous 14 tracks) it suddenly changes to "Mis Deseo". The "Album" tag is uneffected.

After this, the remaining tracks all rip with the correct file names and title tags but the contributing artist tag remains "Mis Deseo". I've attached an image of the resulting folder to show what I mean.

I'm guessing that the "-" in the title is causing some issue. Any chance you could take a look?

Thanks in advance.

Wo0zy

Attachments

• Album_Rip.JPG
      Album_Rip.JPG
      173.2 KB

lhcomputer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Lüdinghausen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Titan und Avalon Skin für Mediaslayer

Ich habe gerade einmal die Avalon SKIN Files auch für TITAN kurz getestetst. Diese scheinen auch mit dem TITAN Skin zu funktionieren. Ich hänge die SKIN Files hier noch einmal an.

www.center-pc.de

Attachments

• Mediaslayer_titan_avalon.rar
      332.1 KB

uNki

December 27, 2012
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi!

after installing xbmc (to figure out if it's better than mp) mediaslayer stopped working. it doesn't find covers anymore and the output directory is empty.
    i recognized that it creates the wav file but doesn't encode it to flac/mp3. the wav file gets deleted as soon as the next track of the cd is being ripped.

i completely uninstalled mp and reinstalled it - no changes, ripping does not work.

any ideas? :(

thanks in advance!

gimcon

October 1, 2010
    Hi!

on my installation, mediaSlayer is not working anymore with the streamedMP skin. Is there any solution for this issue out there?

Best regards

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom