MediaSlayer - CD and DVD HD ripping tool (1 Viewer)

Mencoder - working or not

• Yep, all is fine

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • No and I'm frustrated

Votes: 65 69.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Musikliebhaber

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2012
    Köln
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi ajs,
    If nobody in the MediaPortal development team should have a private contact to "@-Martin-.

We would love to support you in your efforts to get the plugin, and of course in your first attempts to decompile the Media Slayer plugin.
    If you want to try to decompile the MediaSlayer plugin, we would be very happy to help you with this as well.
    Please let us know if you want to try. :)

Unfortunately we can't take the complete effort for an update of the MediaSlayer plugin, we are too small for that.

However, we would be very happy to support you in the further development of the plugin with an appropriate donation.

Besides a donation we could support you in the following areas:

- Software test after the update of the plugin:

Here we would support you in testing the changed Media Slayer plugin.

- Skin update after the update of the plugin:
    Furthermore we would like to support you in updating the current skins of the plugin. Thanks to a very dedicated Media Center customer of ours, we could make such skins.

If it is possible to create a MediaPortal 2 plugin based on the source code, we would be happy to support you!

We would be happy if we could relieve you this way and we would be happy if we can keep the plugin alive.

It would be very nice if Other users would support the plugin by donating too.

cu,

Musikliebhaber

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I can, but i dont have any CD or DVD, dont have decompiler, and dont have Mediaportal 2 ;) but i have vacation :) and maybe i font have internet in vacantion :)

-- Tapatalk | WBR, ajs

Musikliebhaber

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2012
    Köln
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can hardly believe it - really no more CD and DVD/Blu-ray? :-(

I hope "@microfast, @Krimskrams34 and I are not the only ones who still watch music from CD and movies on Blu-rays/DVD.

I love CD/Blu-ray and records without them is listening to music and watching movies only half as much :-(
    Also I need the CD and DVD covers without this one I miss something.
    CDs, DVD/Blu-ray and records are at least as important for me as my media center.

Do you think you could imagine to buy a few CD and DVD and a optical Disc drive ;-)

Joke on the side.

DVD function:
    According to @microfast the DVD ripping function runs up-to-date without probleme.so that here in the best case nothing must be changed.
    I myself have not used this function yet. But I'm not sure which command line tool for the DVD ripping function I used. "@microfast" can surely say more about this.

CD function:
    If my assumption was correct, the tool ""CDSlayer"" was the template for the CD ripping function which is no longer available. I think in the future "CUETools" would have to take over here, which by the way is also in the Windows program "Exact Audio Copy (EAC)-". is used just like lame :)

Unfortunately I can't say anything about decompiler. We can help when you have some think to testing and I'm lucky to be able to help with the skins.

And I hope all MediaPortal users will help us too.

cu,

Musikliebhaber

Last edited:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    All my music in audio cassette, or in flac or mp3 but I have not listened to music lately, I have no time, I prefer silence. it relaxes well and allows you to take a break from work and the metropolis. ;)

-- Tapatalk | WBR, ajs

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Why not use Cdex (when it was good, well, or directly using lame) and Tagscanner (for covers and tags)?

-- Tapatalk | WBR, ajs

Musikliebhaber

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2012
    Köln
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I prefer to play all multimedia applications through one software. That's why I love MediaPortal and my Media Center so much. I find it very practical to be able to use all multimedia applications with one software and control them with one and the same remote control just like any other hi-fi device.

If I have to use a new program for every multimedia application, I don't find it very practical and my customers too.
    That is the reason why I switched to a media center a few years ago.

I hope you understand what I mean.

Last edited:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Are you constantly adding to your music library? I stopped about 10 years ago, nothing interesting comes out of the collection, I stopped at Dire Straits, which I sometimes listen to. :)

-- Tapatalk | WBR, ajs

Musikliebhaber

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2012
    Köln
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Your english about setter is not bad either. what website do you use. I have been using "deeple" lately!

Yes I buy music and movies only as a medium because I will not spend money if I do not get at least one medium.

I also like the covers of CD and movies. In addition, if I have time to watch music or a movie then I will listen or watch in the best quality, that is also the reason why I record my music in wav or flac and the MediaSlayer plugin was able to do this perfectly until the end.

Most of the time i still listen to my music from CD and in this case Media Slayer had the perfect function when i put a CD into the Media Center it showed me the Album name and the Track that was playing and i miss this function most.

It would be a real pity for me if Media Slayer would not work under MediaPortal which I used for over 11 years. I would be very sad about that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom