MediaTip plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (2 Viewers)

Zinu

Portal Pro
February 28, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Re: MediaTip plugin for MediaPortal v0.2.0

Right, here's a working one. If you'd include it with the next release that would be great ;)

Attachments

• MediaTipOverlay.xml
    30.6 KB

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
MediaTip plugin for MediaPortal v0.2.1

Dear community,
this plugin was updated to v0.2.1 to support localization.
During my tests, I've found some strange messages inside the mediaportal.log called "[MPMain(1)]: Main: DX9 re-entrant". These entries occurs only, if you open the dialog for music files. Currently, I don't know if this a plugin issue or a problem with my skin. Hence my request: can other users reproduce this? Feedback are welcome, maybe also a MediaPortal developer can support me here to identify the problem, thx a lot.

Cheers, Micropolis

Psycho Reptile

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2006
    Cambridge, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: MediaTip plugin for MediaPortal v0.2.0

The actual release needs a running media, it cannot be used inside the music or video list/filmstrip. This would be an enhancement for the next official release, maybe with picture support.
    It would be great if you could implement static info (no running media) and picture support :D

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MediaTip plugin for MediaPortal v0.2.1

Hi Micropolis!

Big Thanks for your effort! But in the music part the plugin only seems to work with .mp3 files! With lossless images (e.g. .ape, .cue) i allways get the attached error message and MP crashes

Best regards

Helios

Attachments

• Bild005.jpg
      Bild005.jpg
      18.8 KB

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: AW: MediaTip plugin for MediaPortal v0.2.1

Hi Helios,
    thx for your feedback, I'll analyse this problem asap.
    One question: Is the filename, which was displayed in message box, a real filename? If not, please post the original one for testing, thx.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MediaTip plugin for MediaPortal v0.2.1

Hi micropolis!

thx for reply! i think the issue is related to handling of cuesheets inside MP! The original filename is "01 - Chopin - Complete Waltzes.wv" and it's a lossless image! Cuesheet of this file is attached!

Best regards

Helios

BTW is it possible, to add in one of the next releases the fields composer aund conductor?

Attachments

• 01 - Chopin - Complete Waltzes.wv.cue.txt
      30.7 KB

Psycho Reptile

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2006
    Cambridge, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: MediaTip plugin for MediaPortal v0.2.1

Hi Micropolis, little problem I found... if I start to play a music file, I'm using the #MediaTip.DescriptionGenre: #MediaTip.Genre on the Now Playing screen, no info is displayed until I press "t" and then it's fine for all files playing next. I know this is not supposed to catch the fact that playback has started, but I thought it would be nice ;)

LordMerlin

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2007
    Rostov-na-Donu
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation

Good day to all. I made Russian translation for your plugin. Thank you for it, namely a functional to me and there was a shortage.

Attachments

• strings_ru.xml
      30.6 KB

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi Micropolis, little problem I found... if I start to play a music file, I'm using the #MediaTip.DescriptionGenre: #MediaTip.Genre on the Now Playing screen, no info is displayed until I press "t" and then it's fine for all files playing next. I know this is not supposed to catch the fact that playback has started, but I thought it would be nice ;)

Hi Psycho Reptile,
    normally it is not intended to use the MediaTip properties outside the dialog, because values are only refreshed if you open the dialog (using "t") and not permanently. In your case, you see the last played genre info, starting another track with a different genre does not update the property automatically. My suggestion: use #Play.Current.Genre instead.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

Hi all,
    currently I'm working on this plugin to support static infos, picture support comes with a later release.
    Before creating a new community version I want to fix existing issues (e.g. see post #12), please support me with feedback here. I hope, there is enough time to publish a new version in the next few weeks, thx.

@Helios: Composer and conductor properties added.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom