MediaTip support (1 Viewer)

lulsam

Portal Pro
December 28, 2006
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hi guys,

again back with AmPed after a hardware upgrade. Impressed by the improvements!!!

I tested MediaTip plugin as it is very useful for me but the window doesn't appear so I checked the list of AmPed supported plugins and it was not there...

I am wondering if you could add support for such plugin.

Thnx in advance

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    again back with AmPed after a hardware upgrade. Impressed by the improvements!!!
    Thanks!
    I'll check it out and see if I can figure out how to support multiple (large) font sizes on multiple screen sizes ;)

Have you tried copying the provided skin files (looks like they install to Default skin not Defaultwide) to aMPed?
    I know it won't work that well, but it might just be kinda usable until I can do the skin files.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hey lulsam - what skin did you use Media Tip with before?
    I installed the plugin to check it out, and then copied the provided skin files to Defaultwide, but I get the attached screenshot. Not very usable for skinning. It would be helpful to start with skin files that display correctly.

Attachments

• MediaTipDW.jpg
      MediaTipDW.jpg
      68 KB

lulsam

Portal Pro
    December 28, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi dadeo, thanks for the replay, I was using StreamedMP (the version compatible with MePo 1.2.3) because it was a little big lighter than Amped for my old hardware. After the hardware upgrade I also upgraded MP to 1.71 but it seems that Streamed MP is not available yet for that MP version so I went back with Amped, which I was using for several years in the past.

If it helps, yesterday night I noticed that it has been released a new version of PureVisionHD compatible with MePo 1.71, I installed and tested with MediaTip for 10 minutes, and it seems to work. No extensive testing because it was really late and went to sleep.

Hope this helps

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks lulsam. Did you try copying the MediaTip.xml and MediaTipOverlay.xml from PVHD to aMPed skin folder? You probably need media/image files as well.
    I'm sure it won't work perfectly, but...
    If you could attach the PVHD skin xmls that would be a big help (so I don't have to download and install it ;)). I'll see what I can do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom