Medion x10 remote executes commands twice (1 Viewer)

nextraa

June 9, 2008
TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.0
MediaPortal Skin:
Windows Version: XP SP2
CPU Type: Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 2.13 GHz
HDD:
Memory:
Motherboard:
Video Card:
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card:
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

I just installed MediaPortal for the first time. Funny thing is the remote seems to be executing all commands from the remote twice skipping every other option in the menu's. I have looked around and tried some of the suggestion posted on this forum like a fresh (re)install of MediaPortal and I found this in the wiki
MediaPortal/Configuration/Remote/IRTrans - MediaPortal Wiki Documentation
However this article in the wiki talks of files (app.cfg) and paths (\Program Files\Irtrans\remotes directory) that don't exist in my install.

I think they mean this directory \Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\InputDeviceMappings\defaults but I'm not sure what to change to the the "Medion x10.xml" file to resolve this problem.

I hope some can help me out.

:D

Kind regards,

nextraa

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi!
    I had a x10 with this issue a long time ago. I think(!) the problem was that I had a x10 dedicated software installed + the x10 set up in config/setup.

EDIT: Oh, and welcome to the forum :D

iosub

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    San Sebastian
    Hi

If you have windows Vista let Windows to install the RF driver.. Them in configuration of MP, set your x10 remote, that's all.

If you install the compatibily driver for MCE... you will have double commands

Iosu

nextraa

June 9, 2008
    In Add/Remove Programs I uninstalled the X10 software that was there. The problem still remains. When I click on the learn button to see the mapping of the remote I noticed that there are two entries for every button. Problem is I can't delete these entries.

Hi IOsub,

I have Windows XP (SP2). Are your suggestions also valid for XP? How where do I find the RF driver? I don't think I've installed the compatibilty driver for MCE but how do I find out for sure?

Kind regards,

nextraa

vertiger

Portal Pro
    July 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    In Add/Remove Programs I uninstalled the X10 software that was there. The problem still remains. When I click on the learn button to see the mapping of the remote I noticed that there are two entries for every button. Problem is I can't delete these entries.

Hi IOsub,

I have Windows XP (SP2). Are your suggestions also valid for XP? How where do I find the RF driver? I don't think I've installed the compatibilty driver for MCE but how do I find out for sure?

Kind regards,

nextraa

set rf channel in the X10 configuration to a different channel when the remote is on (i have a X10 myself and struggled with this problem)
    search the forum for X10 for the complete solution and a button-configuration file

btw: the X10 needs to be installed, if you are using xp

nextraa

June 9, 2008
    It works (sort of...)

I selected the RF channel option. On channel 0 it still skipped every other option. When I changed the RF channel to 1 no option were skipped. However now the back button doesn't work no more :(
    Thanks for everybody's input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom