Memory leak in font engine when TV playing (1 Viewer)

Pirppuli

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2008
    Helsinki
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    From what I can see initially, this looks good. TV works fine as well. Run Video and TV and browsed lots of lists and screens. Didn't seem to leak memory at all and freed up what was used all the time.

After very preliminary testing I am happy to confirm this as well. In the meantime I had to roll the production HTPC system back to 1.1.0. Maybe graemef could report back his experiences with the patch after using it a bit longer? I assume the 1.2.0 release has not been scheduled yet, and 1.1.1 is not really usable in its official form.

Thanks for everyone's help. :D

graemef

Portal Pro
    November 28, 2004
    Perth
    Home Country
    Unfortunately I just had to restart MP as it was using nearly 1.5G of virtual memory and the skins had stopped loading background images again.
    Appears the leak is still there. :-(

Pirppuli

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2008
    Helsinki
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Is this issue alredy in Mantis? The thread is still tagged as "Confirm".

I just noticed this: [Skin Engine] Memory Leak in Texture Manager. So, the issue has been added in Mantis.

Rolling back to MP 1.1.0 didn't go very well - the system ran out of memory within a day. I upgraded to 1.1.1 and replaced core.dll and MediaPortal.exe with the versions provided by Tourettes earlier in this thread. Now, the system has been stable for ~6 days with ~2 days of uptime recording TV (scheduled), and watching TV & videos. I have not had to reboot the system or restart MP once during that time. The system goes into standby when not in use. So far, so good. :D

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Forgotten to change the state of the thread. MP 1.1.2 will fix this issue.
    1.2.0. Alpha might allready do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom