Memory leak (1 Viewer)

utilutil

Portal Member
September 10, 2012
Home Country
Greenland Greenland
Hi, I recently added a new tuner (and did some other things so don't automatically assume...) and TVservice is increasing memory requirements at about 100MB / day. Not sure how to start diagnosing thins, where are logs (for default C: installation) ? New tuner is AF9015 BDA filter It's a tevion USB shows up in device manager as DVB-T 395U.
Cheers,
B.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Have you tried,

Start menu -> All Programs -> Team Mediaportal -> Mediaportal -> Mediaportal Debug Mode

I'm pretty sure it includes tvserver logs, after running that you can check the zipped up log file bundle it creates on the desktop and see if it contains tvserver logs.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello utilutil

Memory leaks are hard to trace with the logs... but please let us know if you find anything.

mm

utilutil

Portal Member
    September 10, 2012
    Home Country
    Greenland Greenland
    Follow up :
    Went to TV-Server Configuration > TV servers > servername > AF9015 BDA Filter > Edit > Unchecked Allow this card to be used for EPG grabbing. Problem went away. Device is kworld USB DVB-T TV stick II. OS Win server 2003. Driver from CD but same version as latest on kworld site (goes back to 2009).

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Follow up :
    Went to TV-Server Configuration > TV servers > servername > AF9015 BDA Filter > Edit > Unchecked Allow this card to be used for EPG grabbing. Problem went away. Device is kworld USB DVB-T TV stick II. OS Win server 2003. Driver from CD but same version as latest on kworld site (goes back to 2009).
    EPG grabbing can occur in the background, so it may appear like you've solved the problem. However, what happens if you run a tuning test on half a dozen channels for a couple of hours? My bet is that you'd have memory leaks again. In my opinion, the issue is likely in the driver. Otherwise I think we would have more reports of issues. This is the first report of a memory leak that I've seen in about 12 months, if not more...

Last edited:

utilutil

Portal Member
    September 10, 2012
    Home Country
    Greenland Greenland
    It does look like the driver and I expected the problem to recur over time but would deal with it with a periodic restart of the service. I fired up process explorer (I never really got the hang of that tool) and had a look at the thread list but there's no memory info there so a guess they're sharing the heap? The light goes on on the tuner when it's in use so I'm assuming the filtergraph gets constructed and torn down on demand, is this correct ?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I fired up process explorer (I never really got the hang of that tool) and had a look at the thread list but there's no memory info there so a guess they're sharing the heap?
    TV Server is one process. Don't know about the drivers.

The light goes on on the tuner when it's in use so I'm assuming the filtergraph gets constructed and torn down on demand, is this correct ?
    The server side filter graph gets constructed either when TV Server starts (if you have preload enabled for the tuner) or when you first need the tuner. After that it normally remains built until TV Server is stopped or restarted. The graph is stopped/paused (depending on the "when card enters idle state..." setting) when you stop using the tuner for recording/timeshifting/EPG grabbing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom