Menu Items Missing On Home Screen (1 Viewer)

tgxiii

Portal Pro
November 17, 2008
It's difficult to explain this in words, so I've attached some screenshots.

When I navigate the home screen on MediaPortal 1.2.1, some items are missing. At first, I thought it was the skin I was using (StreamedMP), but then I tried other skins and they all behave in a similar way.

Home screen preference is set to "Classic and Basic, prefer Basic".

aMPed: The screenshot is the screen I see after selecting "Videos" on the home screen and pressing the right arrow key.
Black Glass Nova HD: The screenshot is after selecting "TV" in the home screen.
DefaultWide: The screenshot is after pressing the green button on my MCE remote (switching from Basic home to Classic home).
StreamedMP: The screenshot is the first screen I see once MediaPortal loads (the Basic home screen).

I did an uninstall of MP 1.1 before installing 1.2.

Any idea what could be causing this? Thanks in advance.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi tgxiii

Any idea what could be causing this? Thanks in advance.
    A messed up install, incompatible plugins/skins, or something like that...

Post logs using the watchdog so we can check out what is going on.

mm

tgxiii

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2008
    Here you go. First one is with no plugins and using the default skin; second one is with plugins and StreamedMP skin.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again

Well the StreamedMP logs show there is clearly a problem - exceptions are constantly being thrown:

2011-10-12 19:07:39.551213 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: render exception:confused:ystem.EntryPointNotFoundException: Unable to find an entry point named 'FontEngineSetClipEnable' in DLL 'fontEngine.dll'.

at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIGraphicsContext.FontEngineSetClipEnable()

at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIGraphicsContext.BeginClip(Rectangle rect, Boolean constrain)

at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIFadeLabel.RenderText(Single timePassed, Single fPosX, Single fPosY, Single fMaxWidth, Int64 dwTextColor, String wszText)

at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIFadeLabel.Render(Single timePassed)

at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIControl.DoRender(Single timePassed, UInt32 currentTime)

at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.Render(Single timePassed)

The FontEngineSetClipEnable being referred to *does* exist in fontEngine.dll, so do you have fontEngine.dll somewhere in your MP install folder? File size should be 97.5 KB.

mm

tgxiii

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2008
    fontEngine.dll in my install folder is 513 KB, so that might be it. When I uninstalled 1.1, I chose the third option (the one that cleans up everything, including registry keys), but I didn't delete the installation folder.

I take it this means I have to do a re-installation?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I take it this means I have to do a re-installation?
    Possibly for the best, yes. You could try just replacing that file with the one from -->here<-- first and seeing if that helps (make sure you take a backup of the original one).

mm

tgxiii

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2008
    Awesome, thank you so much for your time!

It's working for now, but I will do a full re-installation later (I'll also make sure to delete the installation folder this time).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom