Menus not standard - need to restore one somehow (1 Viewer)

sparky21

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2010
    Home Country
    First, awesome plugin folks, great job, once again!

I have two PC's installed both with 1.2.1 MP and the same version of Moving Pictures. When previewing titles on the most cleanly installed version I get a graphic, movies actors information and a brief on the movie itself on one page view. All good in all five of the first view modes.

On the second machine where Media portal was upgraded,more than clean installed, the first four views in Moving Pictures, does not display any text on the screen about the movie until you actually click on the thumbnail to then read the text about the movie.

I would rather have it working like on the cleanly installed box, where I get to read the text for the movie without having to click and then escape on each movie.

Is there a setting I can reset to give me this text" view back without having to reinstall or something major?

Thanks in Advance.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Is there a setting I can reset to give me this text" view back without having to reinstall or something major?

Are you sure both systems have the exact same version of the MovingPictures plugin and the exact same skin files? You can reinstall MovingPictures ontop of itself without loosing anything, but it will ensure you run the current DLL and current skin files then.

If you use a 3rd party skin such as aMPed, Avalon, Mustayaluca, StreamedMP, etc then check to see if they have any setting that controls this behaviour in their skin editor. With powerful skins such as StreamedMP you have an editor included that allows you to adjust a whole range of visual settings and it could very well be one of those.

But if you are on Default or DefaultWide then just reinstall MovPic ontop of itself to fix any corrupt or missing file. Also open MovPic configuration and check to see if all the data got correctly imported as well via the "Movie Manager" tab.

sparky21

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2010
    Home Country
    Took down the latest version and installed over the top - No Difference to the menu layout sorry. Would a log help at all?

Also you made reference to the configuration information in MP, but I have no idea of what I am looking for or where to look sorry.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Took down the latest version and installed over the top - No Difference to the menu layout sorry. Would a log help at all?

Also you made reference to the configuration information in MP, but I have no idea of what I am looking for or where to look sorry.

To help more it is looking like log files are needed. Please remember to turn on debug-log-mode within MediaPortal config, otherwise the log files might not contain the info needed to resolve it.

And be sure to 'capture' the problem you experienced, as in reproduce it so that the log files will contain the stuff that is happening in the background, so that we may view them to figure out what went wrong. Preferably include all the log files in a zip file.

sparky21

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2010
    Home Country
    Sorry was Overseas for a couple of days on work.

Attached is the log file!

Thanks in Advance!

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Attached is the log file!

MovingPictures Log file does not show any debug entries (did you adjust the log verbosity mode of MediaPortal in config, or only used the debug link in start menu?). Without debug mode enabled for MovPic it makes the movingpictures.log file useless to get info from, also are you sure you recreated and captured the problem?

The other log files do reveal some obvious errors, such as that it looks like you are running that system without internet connection when you have a ton of plugins that require internet to function correct. If you do have internet enabled on the machine, then look into why certain plugins are unable to obtain a connection, perhaps your firewall/router or some software (AV/PeerBlock/etc) is blocking access.

sparky21

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2010
    Home Country
    Yes the PC is blocked from the web by peerblocker. I like to try to keep myself a little guarded from the web.

The real logs are attached, with Debug mode on in Moving Pictures.

Was there anything else wrong in the logs you saw that I could change in Mediaportal to make my experience better with it?

Again thanks in advance!

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Yes the PC is blocked from the web by peerblocker. I like to try to keep myself a little guarded from the web.

Without PeerBlock disabled (at least for the IPs it uses) to have MePo, MovPic and any other plugin relying on working internet connection, the logs are useless to look at, because it could be the underlying cause to your problems.

sparky21

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2010
    Home Country
    Sorry to stuff you around then.

I'll turn off peerblocker and rerun the logs, sorry.

The other machine running Mediaportal, that is not showing this menu structure (I.E. is working just fine) has Peerblocker turned on all the time, without it seems, any issue in relation to the Moving Pictures menus working as intended.

Back soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom