MePo not showing after resume but exists in task manager after upgrade to 1.4 (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'll try and generate some more tonight. :)
    Thanks, that would be helpful. The most important timing is the time between resume and amp off, and the time between amp off and amp on.
    What I'm trying to see is the difference between what happens on resume and what happens when the amp is turned on.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Continued to try to understand your existing log files...

On thing interesting I noticed is the audio renderer detection - it looks like the audio renderer is not detected after resume.
    Resume seems to finish around here:
    [2013-08-04 23:15:54,595] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: OnResume - Done

Then it seems like you turn off the amp, and strangely we see this:
    [2013-08-04 23:16:16,815] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: Audio Renderer Intel(R) Display Audio connected
    ...then this...
    [2013-08-04 23:16:17,065] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: Audio Renderer Intel(R) Display Audio removed

Then when switching the amp back on:
    [2013-08-04 23:16:23,874] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: Audio Renderer Intel(R) Display Audio connected

So it is like the audio renderer is not detected until you switch the amp off... but maybe I'm wrong because the timing is not 100% clear (which is why the new log files would be good).

Are you using the latest version of the Intel drivers? If not, would be good if you can try to upgrade them too...

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Continued to try to understand your existing log files...

On thing interesting I noticed is the audio renderer detection - it looks like the audio renderer is not detected after resume.
    Resume seems to finish around here:
    [2013-08-04 23:15:54,595] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: OnResume - Done

Then it seems like you turn off the amp, and strangely we see this:
    [2013-08-04 23:16:16,815] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: Audio Renderer Intel(R) Display Audio connected
    ...then this...
    [2013-08-04 23:16:17,065] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: Audio Renderer Intel(R) Display Audio removed

Then when switching the amp back on:
    [2013-08-04 23:16:23,874] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: Audio Renderer Intel(R) Display Audio connected

So it is like the audio renderer is not detected until you switch the amp off... but maybe I'm wrong because the timing is not 100% clear (which is why the new log files would be good).

Are you using the latest version of the Intel drivers? If not, would be good if you can try to upgrade them too...

Possibly the amp provides a 'pass thru' HDMI path when it's in standby, so what happens is the TV audio endpoint then becomes visible to the PC (instead of the amp endpoint) when the amp goes to standby, hence the 'Display Audio connected' message....

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ...but unless I've misunderstood that doesn't explain why we don't seem to detect a renderer on resume. It also doesn't explain why the renderer is detected when the amp is switched on again. To be clear, to me the interesting part of those messages is not the "display audio connected" bit. Rather, it is the presence/absence and timing of "audio render...".

I'm trying to make the connection to the later posts in this thread:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ff-than-back-on-windows-program-error.119967/
    ...but stumped so far.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'm trying to make the connection to the later posts in this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/t...ff-than-back-on-windows-program-error.119967/ ...but stumped so far.

I don't think there is a connection....the video and audio rendering issues are separate problems...

I get the issue in this thread (unresponsive/transparent MP after resume) every time on Vista after hibernation (HDMI connected TV), but I don't use HDMI audio at all.

After resume from S3 (standby) I think Windows assumes that everything is as it was before sleep (it does a quick check that all the connected devices are still there, I get the impression), so if there was an audio renderer before sleep (and it's still present) nothing has changed - so no message etc., or MP is not seeing/getting the message.

cyberfix

Portal Member
    January 16, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    New build from thread had the same issue. I turned on the projector and audio receiver and had the blank desktop with the fast flicker affect. I turned off the receiver and turned it back on and everything was fine after that.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    if you want to assist development you could write a post in that thread, explain your problem in detail along with your system specs, tell them you tried the attached build and it made no difference and attach your log files. This may aid a fix for your situation in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom