MERGING MediaPortal Url Source Splitter & IPTV Filter (7 Viewers)

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Now I'm working on transcoding to MPEG2 TS to be able to use all protocols in TV Service.

Have you got any news?

Have I understood correctly that I can use all the supported streams in TVService with the new version?
    This is long time project, is not such simple as I thought.

moryoav

Portal Pro
    December 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    A little bit off-topic, I know, but I'll try anyway, I found this wonderfully extensive repository for m3u playlists:
    http://www.xbmcil.com/download-latest-pvr-list/
    (sign up is free and you can then download the m3u file, with categories and everything, it's frequently updated, I've attached to this post the one they had today, just so you'll see what I'm talking about).

Unfortunately, while all of these iptv stations do work in XBMC, I'd say 95% of them don't work in MediaPortal.
    The file itself has a few irregularities and that really messes MediaPortal up, but even after extensively cleaning the file, most of the links just don't work with MediaPortal and this IPTV filter-plugin.

SO my question is, where can I find an m3u list/repository like this for MediaPortal? Can the good people of the forum share their lists?

Attachments

• xbmcpvr.zip
      8.7 KB

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Unfortunately, while all of these iptv stations do work in XBMC, I'd say 95% of them don't work in MediaPortal.
    Correct, most of them are not IPTV streams. IPTV streams must follow some specifications.

SO my question is, where can I find an m3u list/repository like this for MediaPortal? Can the good people of the forum share their lists?
    Users' lists will not be usefull to you, because lists are usable only in IPTV provider network.

moryoav

Portal Pro
    December 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Users' lists will not be usefull to you, because lists are usable only in IPTV provider network.
    I'm sorry, I did not phrase myself well. Of course IPTV proper is determined by my provider (which does not provide me with any channels whatsoever). What I mean is just regular web-tv channels, For example - in the list that I attached, there are quite a few that DO work for me - BBC One, and a few other British channels work just fine. I would like to see a list of *those* distributed somewhere. Is there a repository for web, non-IPTV bound, channels such as those?

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    I'm sorry, I did not phrase myself well. Of course IPTV proper is determined by my provider (which does not provide me with any channels whatsoever). What I mean is just regular web-tv channels, For example - in the list that I attached, there are quite a few that DO work for me - BBC One, and a few other British channels work just fine. I would like to see a list of *those* distributed somewhere. Is there a repository for web, non-IPTV bound, channels such as those?
    If you mean public live tv streams from various sites, such list doesn't exist. Nobody created such list. And in many cases, live tv streams are not IPTV streams, so are not playable in TV plugin, but only in OnlineVideos plugin.

mike1

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have a lot of stuttering while watching IPTV - channels. The source is a receiver in the same LAN. There is no problem to stream with VLC - so i think could be a problem in the IPTV filter.
    May sombody could interprete the warnings and Errors in the logs ;-)
    I cleared all logs, started MP and tuned to a iptv-channel.

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    I have a lot of stuttering while watching IPTV - channels. The source is a receiver in the same LAN. There is no problem to stream with VLC - so i think could be a problem in the IPTV filter.
    May sombody could interprete the warnings and Errors in the logs ;-)
    I cleared all logs, started MP and tuned to a iptv-channel.
    I don't see any server side problem, probably problem on MP client. As I see, you're using stock IPTV filter. Did you try MediaPortal IPTV filter and source splitter?

mike1

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Mhm, i thought i had the latest filter installed... Nevertheless, installed it again. Same stuttering. Here are the new logs. May be there is something to see...

Attachments

• mplog1.zip
      17 KB
    • tvlog1.zip
      12.1 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom