MERGING MediaPortal Url Source Splitter & IPTV Filter (4 Viewers)

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    A quick question, is his/m3u8 version 4 supported?
    M3U8 is supported up to version 7, but only media playlists, not master playlists. Media playlists contains only TS files to play, master playlists have links to other m3u8 playlists.

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    A quick question, is his/m3u8 version 4 supported?
    M3U8 is supported up to version 7, but only media playlists, not master playlists. Media playlists contains only TS files to play, master playlists have links to other m3u8 playlists.
    Ok, thanks. I've got a site where some sources are ver 4 (master) playlists. I "parse" out the media playlist urls but they don't work. I have no problem with the sites version 3 streams. The stream should not be drm protected.

I will try to dig deeper when I get some more time.

dan_vie

March 25, 2016
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hello Georgius,

first of all I want to say thanks for the great work to deliver the iptv filter,…
    I´m a newbie at mediaportal and I´ve a problem at my setup. Perhaps you can help me out?

My Setup:

I´m using the Octopus Net (DVB-S) from DigitalDevices. –Mediaportal 1.13 is running on Windows 10.
    (At Plugins the IPTV filter and url source splitter is installed)
    I´ve installed the MediaPortal IPTV Source Filter (DVBIP) 4 times. Only the first Source Filter has CAM enabled and only scrambled channels are mapped to this card. (see screenshot)
    (A valid ORF Card is plugged into CI Slot1)

The others are free to air channels.

My Problem:
    Sometimes I get an error by switching to a scrambled channel.
    Error 1: Timeshift could not started
    Error 2: Channel is scrambled.
    After that, switching to another channel and then back everything is working well.
    I had never an error by switching between FTA Channel`s. All FTA channels are working well.

I´ve attached the whole log file.

At the tvserver_MPIPTVSource.log there is an Error @18:32:08.962. (RTSP SETUP response status code not success: 461 (Unsupported Transport)
    At this time I was switching from FTA Channel ZDFHD (Frq. 11362) to ATVHD (Frq. 11244).

Do you have an idea?
    Thanks a lot for your help ;-)

Regards, Daniel

Attachments

• Capture3.JPG
      Capture3.JPG
      117.8 KB
    • Capture2.JPG
      Capture2.JPG
      108.9 KB
    • Capture1.JPG
      Capture1.JPG
      35.1 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome Daniel :)

At the tvserver_MPIPTVSource.log there is an Error @18:32:08.962. (RTSP SETUP response status code not success: 461 (Unsupported Transport)
    This is only a temporary/meaningless error. The filter tries to connect with TCP (RTP/AVP/TCP) before connecting with UDP (RTP/AVP). OctopusNet does not support TCP connections, so it is expected to return an error... and that's what you saw. After that you'll see another RTSP SETUP for UDP which succeeds, followed by a successful RTSP PLAY. So, I'm confident that the error is not there.

However, to be honest I actually cannot see the real reason for the problem. Everything seems fine except that the stream appears to remain scrambled...

[edit: From the continuity counter errors in the TsWriter log at the time, you can see that TV Server was receiving the stream. However it appears to be missing chunks, and as previously mentioned it is still scrambled. So, maybe a CAM configuration issue?]

Last edited:

dan_vie

March 25, 2016
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hello, thanks a lot for the very fast response,... ;)
    At this time I'm in the easter-holidays. So i will do some "cam" test next week.
    However, do you know are there any special settings regarding to the octopus net in view of ci?

Regards, Daniel

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    However, do you know are there any special settings regarding to the octopus net in view of ci?
    There are certainly none in TV Server. Any settings would be in provided DD config software (I don't think there is any) or the OctopusNet HTTP user interface.

dan_vie

March 25, 2016
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hello,

the last week I´ve tested a lot with the cam. -In short words: It is workin well, now.
    I`ve installed a new irdeto (icecrypt) cam into the first slot, with orf card. It seems that there was a problem with the old irdeto cam.
    So the switching time is between 1 and 3 sec.

Thanks a lot for your help

Regards, Daniel

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for the update Daniel - it's much appreciated. (y)

Thanks a lot for your help
    No problem, any time. I'm happy to have been able to assist, and happy that my hunch put you on the right path... :)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @georgius any idea if MPEG DASH can be supported eventually?
    Since Youtube only supports 1080P and up using DASH would be great if that were added so that OnlineVideos can playback those streams again.

bounguine

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2005
    St.Petersburg
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Hi to everyone.
    I need your help.

My config is:
    - DVBViewer Recording Service with 4 DVB-C tuners (TBS 6205) and 4 DVB-S tuners (Digital Divices),
    - 4 IPTV cards for DVB-C and 4 IPTV cards for DVB-S in MP.
    I'm trying to stream to MP from DVBViewer Recording Service using RTSP (port 555).

I made 2 test playlists.
    Both are workong in VLC.

DVB-C:
    #EXTM3U
    #EXTINF:-1,OTB
    rtsp://localhost:555/?freq=818&msys=dvbc&sr=6875&specinv=0&mtype=128qam&tnr=0,818000,6875,0,0,4,0,0,702,502,1002,3,0,0,24,0,3,4371,-1&pids=0,16,17,18,20,1002,502,702

DVB-S:
    #EXTM3U
    #EXTINF:-1,ОТР
    rtsp://localhost:555/?src=1&freq=11881&msys=dvbs&plts=off&fec=34&pol=h&ro=0.35&sr=27500&mtype=qpsk&tnr=1,11881,27500,10750,0,0,9,3,52,51,50,901,0,360,25,0,9,253,-1&pids=0,16,17,18,20,50,51,52

I scanned DVB-C with OOTB IPTV > scanning OK > channel name parsed is wrong in DB (not "OTB" ???), watching TV is OK (the channel shown is "OTB").
    Then I scanned DVB-S with OOTB IPTV > scanning OK > channel name parsed is wrong in DB, watching TV is NOK (no PMT found).
    Unfortunately, I have no logs.

After that I installed the filter, but no scanning is possible at all (logs are attached).
    Upon deleting the filter OOTB IPTV scanning is not working anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom