MFs crashing MP (1 Viewer)

TLD

Portal Pro
October 26, 2007
Rainy Washington
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm having a problem with MFs crashing MP.
I put all my movie files in their own folders a couple days ago and switched the configuration to folders and internet look up and updated with AMCU, everything still worked fine.

Yesterday I loaded Moving Pictures and MovPicNFO and created .nfo, cover and backdrop files in the movie folders, now when i try to start MF i get the "MP must close" dialog. I tried reinstalling MFs and still have the same problem. Seems there may be a conflict between MFs and either Moving Pictures or MovPicNFO or MFs doesn't like the .nfo, cover and backdrop files in the movie folders.

I didn't add a configuration in MFs for using the .nfo files yet so i'm still using a Ant Db, I was about to add a configuration to use the .nfo files when i found this issue.

Attached are logs etc.

EDIT The Db is still working as i can access it with Ant.

Last edited:

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    I'm having a problem with MFs crashing MP.
    I put all my movie files in their own folders a couple days ago and switched the configuration to folders and internet look up and updated with AMCU, everything still worked fine.

Yesterday I loaded Moving Pictures and MovPicNFO and created .nfo, cover and backdrop files in the movie folders, now when i try to start MF i get the "MP must close" dialog. I tried reinstalling MFs and still have the same problem. Seems there may be a conflict between MFs and either Moving Pictures or MovPicNFO or MFs doesn't like the .nfo, cover and backdrop files in the movie folders.

I didn't add a configuration in MFs for using the .nfo files yet so i'm still using a Ant Db, I was about to add a configuration to use the .nfo files when i found this issue.

Attached are logs etc.

EDIT The Db is still working as i can access it with Ant.
    Hi,
    I see several related problems regarding Filesystem Watchers:
    Movingpictures:
    29-Nov-2012 15:42:24 Debug [ MovieImporter]: FileSystemWatcher error: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
    MyFilms:
    2012-11-29 15:42:31,953 Debug [ 1 | MyFilms ]: WatcherError() - A FileSystemWatcher error has occurred: The network BIOS command limit has been reached
    Regardomg the message in MyFilms, googling shows a lot stuff - some pointing to MS kb article:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/810886/en-us
    But probably we need to find the root cause of it.
    In myfilms, it might be the looping in the watcher error handler, that crashes - but question is, what causes it.
    Watchers are used afaik by MoPi, TVS, MyFilms.
    Could you try disabling each one - or only enable to see, if MyFilms only also runs into that problem?
    If yes, you could try the recommended changes in ms kb article - or I could send you a debug version to nail down the exact place/conditions where it is happening.

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks Guzzi, the MS article was the key, I had to add some registry keys as none existed but that fixed it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom