Micro stuttering (judder) with hd2600xt HW accelerated H.264 (1 Viewer)

pnyberg

Portal Pro
August 21, 2006
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
But still... having slight stutter when enabling AC3 audio (using SPDIF out only) - but that is related to the Sound Card I believe... Anyone seen this perhaps?

This is still true in my environment... Beginning to think it is HW (X-Fi) related... Anybody else having this working? The strange thing is that I only get this when enabling AC3 over SPDIF, for SDTV, DVD and HDTV. Just wanted to hear if anybody has any insight on this. Been googling for quite a while now. Seen some suggestions it should be audio driver related...

When just using Digital-out with 2-channels the judder/stutter goes away...

Would appreciate if anyone could confirm have this working.

Regards,

pnyberg

Portal Pro
August 21, 2006
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Did solve my issue with micro stuttering (judder) when AC3 enabled with passthrough SPDIF.
My system was delivered pre-installed with XP SP2 and all the SoundBlaster X-FI drivers and programs preinstalled.

When upgrading to Vista I did a new install - hence lost the X-Fi programs.
However, did get hold of the drivers for Vista from HP's site. But HP did not deliver the X-Fi programs (Creative Console Launcher etc...). Finally I found these programs on http://www.youp-pax.org. Installed these and set the Flexijack to digital-out in Creative Console Launcher rebooted and voilá I got stutter free AC3/DD/DTS.

The funny thing is that it was possible to set digital-out inside Control Panel with HP drivers but then I got the problems mentioned above. I suspect the HP provided Creative Audio Console only managed to enable the digital out of the flexi-jack - but did not manage to turn off the DD/DTS encoder of the X-Fi. I think that re-encoding (of the original AC3/DD/DTS signal) did cause the stutter/judder of the video.

In my case I have a Pioneer Receiver that does the DD decoding to my speakers.

Just thought I should share my experiences, in case someone else run into similar problems...

goorawin

Portal Pro
August 3, 2007
Home Country
ATI HD2600 Registry Tweek

Having an ATI HD2600pro on Vista I have tried to run Registry Tweek to hopefully get rid of some jitter on HD1080i content. but Vista will not allow me to change the Registry even though I have the correct admin rights. Can someone please tell me how to run a script file (vbs) on Vista. Right clicking does not give the option "Run as Administrator".
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom