Microsoft has released a patch for Windows 10 build 9879 (1 Viewer)

T

tekguru

Microsoft has released a patch for Windows 10 build 9879 and you can download it now by going to Windows Update. The patch is being called the 'November Update' and is KB3019269.

I'm hoping this resolves the issues with MP, but as half dead with the flu at the moment no time / resource to test that idea out.

dabotsonline

Portal Member
January 3, 2008
The version of Windows 10 Build 9879 released to the 'slow' stream (and available as a fresh ISO downloadable from Microsoft) apparently has the KB3019269 patch pre-applied. However, reports suggest that there is another patch, KB3018943, that is a mandatory Windows Update download for both streams. Even if these don't fix problems in MediaPortal's 1.10.0 Pre Release, I would hope that the final version works smoothly. Of course, that is not to say that future builds and patches of Windows 10 Technical Preview do not cause more problems...

T

tekguru

Agreed, I'm fully patched and up to date. Newly downloaded ISO burnt and available in case of emergencies.

Still under the weather though so not in a position to face a rebuild if installing MediaPortal 1.10.0 Pre Release causes the reboot issues again.

I'm therefore still hopeful that a braver soul than me will try it on build 9879 and feed back if it works :)

chinga69

Portal Pro
October 27, 2007
penrith
Home Country
Australia Australia
hi i have tried 9879 and as soon as i run mediaportal win 10 bluesreens and reboots we will have to wait for next version release i think and try again
thanks brad

chinga69

Portal Pro
October 27, 2007
penrith
Home Country
Australia Australia
update on 9879 i have 2 x NXP SAA7162 Hybrid Capture Device and 1 usb capture device
i have found that if i disable one of the nxp cards mportal runs with out blue screening win10 its very stable
as soon as i enable the second nxp win10 blue screens so hopefully its an easy fix for what ever the problem is
thanks brad

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Brad

What specific cards do you have?
    Pinnacle/PCTV Systems 7010ix, Blackgold BGT3540, DigitalNow Quattro S...???
    Also, which drivers are you using?
    I'm curious, because I have a few of these cards myself... not to mention some based on SAA7160...

Regards,
    mm

chinga69

Portal Pro
    October 27, 2007
    penrith
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    hi i have the DNTV Live! Dual Hybrid PCIe S2 x2
    drivers DualHybridPCIe15761623drivers
    the drivers are the latest version on the digital now website
    best of luck hope it helps

T

tekguru

Interesting. I have the BlackGold BGT3500 with v7.6.9.0 64bit drivers. Old card but a pretty old PC now - i7 On an ASUS P6T board.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    An important note for those running MediaPortal on 1.10 Preview

Microsoft is gonna bump the kernel number to 10, starting with build 99xx (January 2015)
    The MediaPortal code isn't adapted for this yet, so you can't install any build with kernel 10.
    a JIRA has been created, but needs to be fixed first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom