Microsoft Media Center 2005 Keyboard (1 Viewer)

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Does the MCE Remote package contain the Receiver or do i need to purchase it separately?

thx,

Helmut

ZeiZei

Portal Member
    November 19, 2005
    Finland
    I got lost...

Could someone please confirm... does MCE keyboard work (totally) on NOT XP MCE computers? And additionally can "update rollup" be installed on the computers not running XP MCE OS?

thanks

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
    December 7, 2004
    United Kingdom
    The rollup can definately be applied to an XP Professional SP2 machine and the keyboard works perfectly also on an XP Professional SP2 machine once the rollup has been installed.

Brocklander

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2004
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I really need your help with this one...

My MCE Keyboard and mouse arrived today, for use with my XP Home machine. I had found a copy of the eHome drivers on the net, installed them, and the Remote and media buttons on the Keyboard work fine.

As outlined above I went to the link, downloaded the WindowsXP-KB888795-v3-x86-ENU file, and installed it. This worked fine, and it continued to reinstall all the drivers, along with 3 new ones under Keyboard and another under Mouse. All drivers say they're working perfectly, but the keyboard keys and mouse on my Keyboard still don't work.

I've reinstalled the drivers a couple of times, as well as uninstalling the origional drivers before installing the latest from the 888795 file.

I'm at a loss - surely if the drivers install and appear as Keyboard and Mouse drivers this should be working? How can XP Home be at fault if they installed?

Right now I have two very expensive remote controls and a 5 year old PS/2 keyboard... It's a good thing I'm used to dissapointments since buying a Windows box :?

Brocklander

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2004
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay I'll spare you the dramas this time - here's how I got it to work in XP Home (about 5 minutes ago!)

I installed the origional drivers that everyone seems to have, this lets you use the Remote and remote buttons on the Keyboard.

Then I downloaded the Rollup Update and told it to install. The setup creates a temporary folder with the drivers and install files within it, I copied the 'ip' folder to my desktop and continued with the install and reinstall of new drivers, just to humor it.

Unfortunately, whether it's my system, XP Home or just bad luck, even though it said it installed succesfully and all the drivers appeared in Device Managed, the installer didn't enable the keyboard and mouse on the Keyboard. I uninstalled the driver for the reciever under the USB drivers, unplugged the reciever, waited a while and plugged it in.

Windows recognised it as a new device, and this time I told it to only look within the 'ip' folder for the drivers. I did this to every component, installed everything succesfully, banged a couple of keyboard keys and screamed with delight 8)

Now I'm trying to master the mouse... Surely they could have done better with an IBM Thinkpad type one, instead of this push-down-and-move-while-trying-to-maintain-pressure-and-direction thing?

December 17, 2005
    Yesterday the MCE remote and keyboard arrived.

I am using XP-prof and Media Portal. Out of the box the remote and keyboard worked fine with MP.

But to have the keyboard working just in the Windows envirement i installed the Rollup 1 update and everything is know working good.

CU Patrick

MetZ

February 19, 2006
    Tromsø - Norway
    Hi guys..

and yes.. Been searching the forum for hlep.. ;)

I have a silverstone LM-14 with IMON.

The imon pad is working nicely with MP, but since I've got the MCE remote keyboard, I hoped to use that to.

I've installed the Imon drivers (cd that came with the cab), but it worked badly, so I downloaded the newest drivers from the imon site. Now Imon pad is working like a charm.

Now my next question. Can someone gove me a step by step guide to get MCE remote keyboard working? Do I have to uninstall the Imon drivers, and install som MCE package?

I'm runnin XP pro, SP2, norwegian. luckily os on a separate disk.
    Tried to inmstall the rollup 2 driver set, but it kicks me in the face and tells me that I got an unsupported language version.

some pointers anyone? or maybe someone have a workaround for this? Is there anyway to force the rollback update to work in different languages? Or is my only option to install english xp ,sp2 on my htpc? It would be nice to use it on the norwegian one..

TanX..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom