Microsoft Remote Control, MP and Windows 7 (1 Viewer)

PalmBayChuck

Portal Member
March 18, 2007
I just loaded MP up on a freshly loaded Windows 7 Home Media PC. This is the RTM version of Windows 7, not a RTM versoin. Anyway, MP seems to be running just fine. Looks great. The only problem I'm having is with my Microsoft Remote Control. The Back, Pause and other buttons aren't working as mapped. I never had this issue when running MP under XP, but also I'm running the latest version of MP where on my old XP box, I was running 1.0 I think.

Are there any tricks or mapping options that I need to enable in the settings applet other than just turning on the Microsoft Remote Control option under Remotes?

There are other threads that address this problem. Sorry.

Basically, I was just able to enable the HID device (next tab from MCE remote) and all other functions appear to work correctly.

There are other threads that address this problem. Sorry.

Basically, I was just able to enable the HID device (next tab from MCE remote) and all other functions appear to work correctly.

wima

Portal Member
June 25, 2007
Hi

Is there a solution about this? The remote works with MP 1.1.0 beta, but not with 1.0.2

Thank you
wima

PalmBayChuck

Portal Member
March 18, 2007
Try going into the MP Config program, then enabling the HID remote just to the right of the Microsoft remote. On first blush, this appears to have worked for me, but I need to do more extensive testing.

Sacamantecas

Portal Member
April 30, 2008
Have you been able to make all buttons work? I've tried this and now pause and stop works, but color buttons like for example yellow wich is used for change subtitles don't

I've activated general HID and now more buttons work (stop and pause for example), but not all of them, for example the color buttons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom