microsoft wireless keyboard (1 Viewer)

bizkit

Portal Member
July 15, 2007
Home Country
Ive realised i need a new PVR-150 (mines not mce) so i need the remote aswell, which i need to buy seperatly. My Question is should i buy the wireless MCE keyboard with it? i am a bit scared the remote wont work properly in the tv engine as its going through the same USB port as remote or am i totally off the mark

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ive realised i need a new PVR-150 (mines not mce)

Does not matter, will work fine anyway.

i am a bit scared the remote wont work properly in the tv engine as its going through the same USB port as remote or am i totally off the mark

Remote\keyboard should work ok with each other anyway, that is what i am using to type this with, and can still control MP with remote

bizkit

Portal Member
    July 15, 2007
    Home Country
    the card itself works, but i need external control over a STB, and the non mce is not supported, it works in WINTV but not in the tv engine or MP. its not as easy as buying just the mce remote and keeping my existing pvr card is it? the card i have has the STB control on the back of the actual card?

phertiker

Portal Member
    June 29, 2005
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I don't have any solid evidence that the key/remote will work with your STB, but I know that mine (which I got as a kit here) came with two little IR nub things. I don't have an STB to test, but supposedly these little things go on the IR sensor for your STB and then some kind of magical gnome changes channels for you or something.

Well, it might be a fairy, I'm not certain.

In any case, like I said I'm not sure what they are for as the only buttons that are programmable (IR-wise anyway) are the TV and volume buttons.

Good luck! I thoroughly enjoy my remote/keyboard combo, although I wish the remote had more buttons (came from a Firefly which had like 7 thousand buttons).

bizkit

Portal Member
    July 15, 2007
    Home Country
    i have the ir nubs, but because its not an mce card the ir nubs plug into the card with a 3.5mm jack, not the mce style usb plug, thats where my stb problem comes from. Now im not sure if i can just go get the remote or do i need to get a new pvr-150 also?
    AND if im getting it why not get the keyboard aswell, i have a habit of buying crap then afterwards finding out its not compatible/supported/appropriate :D

bizkit

Portal Member
    July 15, 2007
    Home Country
    so ive got my new remote/keyboard, installed the mce repalcement plugin for the tv engine, ive got the stb control sorted, changes channel ect all good :)
    downside (as there always is) once i replaced the ehome driver my mce keyboard doesnt work, i need the driver to control the stb, even though the documentation says its optional. I know ive read ppl using it just wondering is there a work around or alternative, tooo good a kayboard to throw on the side, epecially because its 1 day old....

Cheers again

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    The current setup with the replacement driver does not support the keyboard.

But:

1. The replacement driver is optional, you shouldn't need it to control your STB.

2. I am almost finished writing a whole new interface to the MCE device that will support the keyboard with the replacement driver. But don't tell anyone, cos it's a secret until I finish it.

:)

Cheers,

bizkit

Portal Member
    July 15, 2007
    Home Country
    ive tried over and over in different methods without the driver, as soon as i updated the driver (which i did through the install in the directory NOT update driver) the ir blaster worked, just kicked my keyboard out. will play again, but im wanting to finish my EPG first then its more or less operational.

will keep a close eye out for your update - will send beer for quick fix :)

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    hehehe, yeah, beer will probably just make it take longer to be honest :)

I have code that is working 100% on my development rig, but is not working on Vista. As soon as I sort out the Vista problem I will make it available.

However, I'm also trying to improve the IR learning code at the same time. I've made some big progress with it, and I'm just trying to finish that off as well.

Hopefully the two things come together quickly and I'll be able to release something that is significantly better than the current offering...

I wasn't going to mention what I'm working on because it's one of those "it will be done when it's done" sort of things...

Out of interest, where in Australia do you hail from?

Cheers,

bizkit

Portal Member
    July 15, 2007
    Home Country
    im in perth, im also running XP pro if you want a victim, im trying to accomplish everything at once(and doing it all for the first time) foxtel, FTA browser based EPG, theatre style setup all of one remote, if you would like a test victim, happy to help, not a genius yet but happy to experiment :)

and-81 ive got the tv3 blaster plugn installed, the ir doesnt work but the keyboard is still operable, as soon asi install the mce replacement plugin it will work, but my keyboard wont, any suggestions on what to try instead, i THINK ive triedevery other possibility

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom