Migrated from Sagetv to MP 1.2RC - a few questions (1 Viewer)

gtfreymann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I came here from SageTV too. Things are working pretty good. We find it slower than Sage so far, but I hear the 1.2RC gained some speed. The other applications are all working fine and I love the choices of skins available! We have the odd glitch here and there that requires either a Task Manager "End Program" or just a reboot on a client PC but nothing to the extreme which would make me second guess my choice of using MePo.

Looking forward to installing the 1.2 Release!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi tsitalon1

I've had a look at the bin file and I quickly realised I haven't got a hope of working out how to get any information out of that - one of the disadvantages of using software that uses proprietary formats. I'd still be very happy to assist you but I think it would really only be worthwhile if you're able to extract the data from the bin file. Apparently it *can* be done, but you need Sage installed with a plugin like I mentioned earlier (or this one). Let me know if you attempt that and I should still be able to provide you with a script that can create the XML files for you...

Best regards,
    mm

owilsky

Portal Pro
    July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am also a SageTV user and maybe I will switch to MP.

The wiz.bin is in a proprietary format but that does not matter because SageTV has an extensive API to access all kind of data.
    See this plugin:
    SageRecordingsXmlGenerator

It creates an xml file per media file with all kinds of info, that somebody could script a tool to convert this xml file into MP's import format.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi owilsky

I'm able to write a script, however the difficulty is that I don't have SageTV installed (and can't download it). If you can supply me with a sample XML file from this plugin then I'd be happy to write the script...

mm

owilsky

Portal Pro
    July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi mm,

here's the xml file from Hangover which was broadcasted last weeked here in Germany, unfortunately all my epg info is in German, so if you have any questions simply PM me.

Regards,
    Oliver

Attachments

• Hangover-DerberraschungsKomdienHitausdenUSAEinJunggesellenabschiedluftvlligausdemRuder-9061467-0.xml
      5.3 KB

owilsky

Portal Pro
    July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Migrated from Sagetv to MP 1.2RC - a few questions

FYI: I just created a small conversion tool: Sage2MP, needs some testing first, will post it afterwards.

CanadianEh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 21, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Re: AW: Migrated from Sagetv to MP 1.2RC - a few questions

FYI: I just created a small conversion tool: Sage2MP, needs some testing first, will post it afterwards.

Hi Owilsky,

I'm looking for this exact kind of tool. I just barely cut over to MediaPortal today from SageTV, but need to import my previously recorded shows. Would you like me to beta-test this?

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom