Migrating from Meedio. (1 Viewer)

Bram

Portal Pro
December 12, 2005
's-Hertogenbosch
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Your graphix card does not support DirecX9. Performance will be better with a new card that does support it. But it will run. your processor is fast enough.
Jou can change the menustructure some from the plugins menu in setup (right click plugin, select where it should be shown).

paddinho

Portal Member
March 27, 2006
The North
Thankyou everyone for your help - you've saved me lots of moolah.

NLS:
1) I used meedio mostly for music browsing & playback, a bit of pictures (never got Nebula digitv working under Meedio - it's peachy in MP:) ) & weather. Well within the limits of MP.

2) I've been to the plugins "home" menu structure thingy, I was hoping that there would be a more efficient way than suckit&see. I shall report anything I find of use.

3) I've looked, obviously in the wrong place (new to SVN, VS & VC#) but I'll start my quest for this branch with the repobrowser.

Thanks again.

P

chili

Portal Pro
September 20, 2004
somewhere in the bowels of Texas
as far as your interface, you might try this port of my favorite Meedio skin...

new_home.jpg

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?t=12799

landrews320

Portal Member
April 27, 2006
Hi paddinho,
I am also migrating from Meedio, but haven't found a way to replicate the menu structures that Meedio allows. I've played around with the MyPlugins section, but found you cannot specify order of the menu items, rename menu items or have sub menu items like Meedio had.

One big annoyance is that if you have a sub menu with only 1 or 2 items in it, they are repeated several times! I guess this is because of the scrolling menu MP uses.

(If I'm wrong on any of this please tell me, I'd love to know what I'm missing/doing wrong!)

If you get your menus working like Meedio's please post some info!!!

Cheers

NLS

Portal Pro
April 26, 2006
Home Country
Greece Greece
look harder

menu manipulation is done in "Home" plugin

play with it

don't use "MyPlugins" menu formating

landrews320

Portal Member
April 27, 2006
NLS,
OK so I've gone into Home and set it to use "the menus". Under the Music category I have My Music and My Radio enabled. When I run MP and select "Music" I see the following sub menu:

My Radio
My Music
My Radio
My Music
My Radio

How do I stop the repeating menu items?

Also, If I rename "My Music" to "Music Library" and run MP, when I select the Music category only My Radio appears. When I go back into MP Setup and check out the menu structure the "Music Library" item in the Menu Structure tree view is listed, but the Tag Info data does not update correctly unless I change the Menu name back to "My Music"

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong

I really hope I can get this menu stuff sorted coz I really like a lot of the MP features.
Thanks

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    There is an option in the home plug in to stop repeating menu items. I'm going from memory at the moment, though, so I can't remember what it is exactly.

For the changing of the names, it's probably best to edit the strings entry for that to work properly. The downside of this is that it will be lost whenever you apply a patch and you'll need to restore it each time.

I seem to remember an issue where if you change the name of a core plugin via the home menu then that option stops working.

landrews320

Portal Member
    April 27, 2006
    I've ticked the "NoScroll SubMenus" option, and it kinda stops the repeating items. The My Music and My Radio only appear once in the list, but the remaining 2 list items are blank, but can still be selected. The list still scrolls, but only once you've gone past the blank list entries.

i.e.
    My Music
    My Radio
    <blank>
    <blank>
    My Music
    My Radio
    <blank>

Thanks for the tip about the strings file, I'll edit it& see how it goes.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom