Migrating from WMC (2 Viewers)

TVWatcher

Portal Pro
January 9, 2020
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
But wouldn't a fixed offset be enough for @TVWatcher?
Absolutely!!
if a larger EPG cell is going to receive the focus it scrolls further than in case of a small EPG cell. It’s not scrolling just with a fix offset.
Especially as I've no idea what has the focus when I press the arrow key on the on-screen keyboard!

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Changes implemented at first to Nereus for testing. After positive feedback, I'll add same to WMC.

Explanation for mouse controls:
    • Single arrow: half increment scroll = +/- 1 hour
    • Double arrow: day scroll as already implemented before = +/- 1 day
    Unbenannt.jpg

TVWatcher

Portal Pro
    January 9, 2020
    Home Country
    That's just the sort of thing I was thinking of! Thanks!
    Now for skipping during TV playback...;).
    Oh, BTW when I click on the Search button in the Guide nothing happens...

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Oh, BTW when I click on the Search button in the Guide nothing happens...
    You are right, with keyboard it works. I think an "invisible" element is on top of the search button and prevents receiving focus from mouse. Should be easy to fix.

TVWatcher

Portal Pro
    January 9, 2020
    Home Country
    You are right, with keyboard it works. I think an "invisible" element is on top of the search button and prevents receiving focus from mouse. Should be easy to fix.
    This hasn't been a problem for us, and actually gave us an easy way to ensure that the on-screen keyboard sent keystrokes to the guide when we wanted to scroll horizontally. Of course we won't need that now you've added the scroll buttons.

Prsa01

Portal Member
    March 3, 2020
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Coexist with wmc during evaluation period?

Side question - is there a way to search a thread?

Apologies if this has been answered. Any issues/problems with MP & wmc running on the same pc while I
    evaluate and test (tuner access, etc). Assuming it wouldn't be a good idea to point them both at the same recorded TV folder. Any possible issues I should be aware of?

Thanks much!

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Any issues/problems with MP & wmc running on the same pc while I evaluate and test (tuner access, etc). Assuming it wouldn't be a good idea to point them both at the same recorded TV folder.
    WMC and MP can co-exist on the same PC, but they cannot share tuners. So if you wanted to test TV viewing and recording, you would need to install an additional tuner card for MP to use, or re-allocate your existing tuners.

For example, if you have a quad-tuner card, you could allocate tuners A and B to WMC, and allocate tuners C and D to MP. There are two problems with this:
    • You will have two fewer tuners for your ongoing WMC recordings while you are evaluating MP.
    • Re-allocating your tuners requires you to setup the tuners again in WMC, which (I think) will result in WMC discarding your existing recording schedule. :(
    WMC and MP use different file extensions. WMC uses DVR-MS and WTV, while MP uses TS. There should not be a conflict if you want to use the same "Recorded TV" folder for both, but each program will (probably) display only its own files. (MP can play DVR-MS and WTV, but not from the "Recorded TV" folder).

Side question - is there a way to search a thread?
    I have a "Search" button near the top-right corner, but it will search all threads. I don't think that you can restrict the search to a single thread (is that what you wanted?).

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom