Migration from MP1 to MP2 (1 Viewer)

nokumo

Portal Member
February 10, 2012
Hey!

Is already known if a migration from MP1 will be possible to MP2?

Regards from Germany
Martin

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Martin

There is no migration as such, currently you can run them side by side on the same pc if you wish to try out MP2 :)

Regards from England

Last edited:

nokumo

Portal Member
    February 10, 2012
    Hi!

Yes, I've read. But I´m already thinking about how I can change after the release of MP2 with no problems and a lot of work.

Regards to England.

mmain1

November 12, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have the same question. I would like to transition my house away from WMC7. I have tried XBMC and now I would like to try MP. The dilemma is MP1 or MP2. Obviously MP1 is stable but I don't want to put in a lot of effort only for it to be wasted when MP2 comes out. Perhaps starting with MP2 alpha is a better idea or will a migration path be provided?

Greetings from US!

Last edited:

mmain1

November 12, 2012
    Home Country
    A wise response indeed! Thanks kiwi

I see now that my CableCard tuner (DCR-2650) is not supported in 1.2.x and is a 'Work in Progress' in 1.3.x.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There will be a new "MP2 Alpha Autumn Release" soon, so if you are interested in trying it, stay tuned :)

@huha also mentioned, that he plans to extend his BackupSettings plugin in a way to provide some basic migration of settings (mainly shares definitions).

MP2 is on a good way, it's maturing "slowly" but steady :)

SmokeWatcher

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    Arizona
    Home Country
    I'm still using BeyondTV and MediaPortal 1.0.0.0 with WinXP......yea I know, but it works and it keeps the wife happy. Soon I plan to replace my aging system and I was going to switch to WMC because of cablecard support, but I prefer a non-M$ solution....preferably MP. I eagerly await the arrival of MP 1.3 !!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread