Mini pc vensmile w10 mini as TV client

Discussion in 'General' started by lodale, April 30, 2015.

1. lodale

lodale Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +19 / 1
    Home Country:
    Norway Norway
    Hi
    I recently bought a Vensmile W10 MINI PC 2GB RAM+32GB Windows 8.1 OS Intel TV BOX Quad Core 1.33Ghz CPU mini computer Intel HD Graphic GPU bluetooth. Processor Main Frequency 1.33Ghz Quad CoreMemory Capacity 2GB.
    I was hoping to use this mini pc as a TV client to my dedicated Mediaportal TV server. I am only getting very hacking video and very hacking audio. Also loosing nettwork connection :)
    I was wondering if anybody has tried this mini PC and have thoughts of how to configure to watch live TV.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. MrTechno
    • Team MediaPortal

MrTechno Development Group

Ratings:
    +515 / 1
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
  4. lodale

lodale Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +19 / 1
    Home Country:
    Norway Norway
    yes, but cannot find any confirmation that they work as MP1.11 ( TV client), I have a dedicated TVserver. The wiki says that I need double 2 GHz CPU, but my new micro PC has a quad. 1.3 GHz CPU and only wireless card. Should this be good enough to watch live TV channels? I have tried but it is stuttering and then locks up (RTSP does not work at all but UNC is showing some video/audio)

Last edited: May 1, 2015
  5. lodale

lodale Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +19 / 1
    Home Country:
    Norway Norway
    Hi
    Everything is working now. I am running MediaPortal 1 ver. 11 client using UNC paths. The main problem was the 2.4GHz wireless. I changed to 5Ghz (lucky that my router has both). Wondering if I should use MP2 slim TV (can this be changed from RTSP to UNC?), suggestions?

6. lodale

lodale Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +19 / 1
    Home Country:
    Norway Norway
    Also working with HD channels, but changing channels takes 5-15 (depending on same transponder or not) seconds

7. lodale

lodale Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +19 / 1
    Home Country:
    Norway Norway
    Wondering if I MP2 slim TV is better than MP 1.11 client (can I change from RTSP to UNC in MP2 Slim TV)?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!