Mini-Series Movies (1 Viewer)

yogi_bear_79

Portal Member
January 15, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
One example is the movie Tin Man, it was a three part mini series on SCIFI.

"Tin Man" (2007)

I have the movie in three separate .avi files:

Tin Man - Part 1.avi
Tin Man - Part 2.avi
Tin Man - Part 3.avi

Moving Pictures couldn't associate the movie properly with IMDB. I was able to use the join feature, now it shows in my list as Tin Man. I haven't figured out a way to add the IMDB info or get it to pull the right info. It seems I can manually edit any field in the movie details except IMDb ID.

I think what I would like in this situation would be to have Tin Man listed in my movies, and when selected a submenu or something to let me choose which part I want to see. Others that come to mind are "Band of Brothers" and "John Adams".

Also is there a way when a movie doesn't want to cooperate to let Moving Pictures know the IMDB and then it would successfully pull the data?

yogi_bear_79

Portal Member
January 15, 2009
Home Country
Tried My TV-Series as well. It doesn't recognize the show, nor does there appear to be a way to force it to.

Would be a nice feature in Moving-Pictures

Imzadi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 18, 2008
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You have to name is properly like this for the tv series plugin:

Tin.Man.S01E01.Part.1.avi
    Tin.Man.S01E01.Part.2.avi
    Tin.Man.S01E01.Part.3.avi

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Click the custom search string button and punch in the IMDb ID for the mini-series ("tt0910812" for Tin Man) and it will match.

marvenius

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    it's in the configuration screen (when importing) It's the green "refresh" circular arrow.
    When you already imported the movie (but assigned to the wrong information, you have to go to the moviemanager tab and "reassign" the movies.
    If there are several parts, reassign them all. They will reappear in the importer tab, weher you can join them if necessary and enter the correct imdb id using the green circular arrow.

Hth.

yogi_bear_79

Portal Member
    January 15, 2009
    Home Country
    Thanks! IMDB didn't have the cover art, but everything else worked. Downloaded the cover art from Amazon.

Still wonder does anyone think it a good idea to be able to have the option to choose which part versus linking the automatically? I am going to try John Adams, and Band of Brothers next. I am sure I can get them to work the same as Tin Man, but they have so many parts it would be nice to have the sub-menu, I mentioned earlier.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Thanks! IMDB didn't have the cover art, but everything else worked. Downloaded the cover art from Amazon.

Still wonder does anyone think it a good idea to be able to have the option to choose which part versus linking the automatically? I am going to try John Adams, and Band of Brothers next. I am sure I can get them to work the same as Tin Man, but they have so many parts it would be nice to have the sub-menu, I mentioned earlier.

You can not choose which part to play back because the plug-in is intended for movie content. For the same reason min-series' and tv-shows are filtered out of IMDb results so that movies will match more accurately (which is why you had to manually punch in the IMDb ID). You can read more about our stance here, but if you want to be able to navigate through episodes of a mini-series like you would a TV Show then you should probably load it in the TV-Shows plug-in. If you want it treated like a movie load it with Moving Pictures.

yogi_bear_79

Portal Member
    January 15, 2009
    Home Country
    Understood. I do have the TV-Series plugin installed as well. Again, thanks to all for the help, and for a great product!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom