Minimize button for full screen mode (1 Viewer)

TMarik

Portal Member
July 9, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Feature Request:
I like to have a minimize button in full screen mode. It would be a great feature because I use an external browser to surf, have some external games to play and an external TV program browser. I know that the minimization can be done by ALT+ENTER to get in the windowed mode and then press the minimize button of the window, but this is not easy to find. The other problem is that if MP is windowed and the TV is turned on then it freezes and has to be killed by the task manager. I also tried to use the Windows Key+D (the Windows function to minimize all applications) but then the task bar is missing because MP hides it in full screen mode. Please add this minimize button for full screen mode!

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Canberra
Home Country
if you don't use MP as a dedicated home theatre PC, how bout just plain old alt+tab? they way it wont crash from what i can see and the video still runs, it should minimise MP to the system tray too

TMarik

Portal Member
July 9, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Have you ever tried the "old alt-tab"? In the most cases it does not work, because if the TV is started MP is always on top and if not, the next problem is that the taskbar is gone. The other thing is that I like to use either a mouse or a remote control because they are small and can be handled without much space in front of you. Both devices does not allow to do the minization.

PrplHaz4

Portal Pro
August 9, 2007
Boston, MA
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm with you on this one...I've seemed to notice a lot of odd behavior when trying to use MP alongside other applications...most notably, when ALT-TABing...Another time it acts strange is when using "Restore" from the TopBar...

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    There are a couple of settings that may help.

I had issues with the task bar. When MP was set to remove the task bar, then if I ever had to CTRL ALT DEL MP the task bar was not returned.
    Instead I just use the "autohide" option in Windows and tell MP to leave the task bar alone.

Also, I don't use the "always on top" option either. this helps a bit, but I do think you have a good idea :)

NickName

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 23, 2006
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    This would be a great feature because at the moment, to minimise I go the Home screen and click the Exit button in MP.
    As I have the setting "minimise on Exit" configured, MP minimises (as expected).
    However, as I use PowerScheduler, my PC gets "suspended" because I was at the Home Screen.
    If I could minimise from another screen, rather then just Home, PowerScheduler would not suspend my PC.
    Currently I have to minimise MP and then kill it from it's System Tray icon to prevent suspend happening.
    Alternatively, if PowerScheduler did not suspend when MP is minimised, my problem would be solved to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom