[confirm] Minimizing MP during full screen playback does not restore Windows XP (1 Viewer)

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0 RC1
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue3 wide
    Windows Version: XP MCE-SP3
    CPU Type: Intel P4 3200Mhz
    HDD: Seagate 1 Tb
    Memory: 1.5Gb
    Motherboard: Fujitsu-Siemens
    Video Card: Ati Radeon HD 4350
    Video Card Driver: 10.2
    Sound Card: Realtek HD audio
    Sound Card AC3: AC3-Coaxial (in use) and Optical
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: Hauppauge HVR-4000
    1. TV Card Type: analog, DVB-S and DVB-T (HDTV also)
    1. TV Card Driver:
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Power DVD 9 - SAF 40 RC1 - Ffdshow
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: FFdshow
    h.264 Video Codec: Power DVD 9 - MCP - Ffdshow
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Asta 19.2ºE
    HTPC Case: Fujitsu-Siemens Activy (similar Scaleo E)
    Cooling: Pasive
    Power Supply:
    Remote: Toshiba MCE
    TV: Panasonic Plasma 42
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI -Video component - DVI...all

I've have "autostart MP on Windows Startup" and "Minimize to tray on GUI exit" enabled in my config, if I'm looking a tv program in Full screen and go to MP main screen (Windows Green Buton in my remote) and then minimize MP wile TV is played the system stops responding and the MP screen remains on top of Windows XP screen. Video is paused but no control over MP or Windows is recovered.

I use VMR9 and DX (feb 2010)

Edit (27-02-10) with new logs (in Debug mode) according procedure "For reproducible problems with the MediaPortal application"
    after moore analysis of my problem y can recover control of MP and Windows after hitting Green button (remote) and without valid information on the screen (MP is overimposed to Windows but is a ghost image), hit the Stop button (remote) to stop Live TV. MP recovers control. But I cant Minimize to try on GUY exit without first stooping media (video or tv).

Thanks
    A

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Same problem on 2 different friends computers. All Windows XP MCE in Spanish. Is somebody experiencing that also or we are the only ones?

All are dedicated MCP computers with auto start and minimize to tray on gui exit.

Maybe is the same condition than this bug from Fullscreen to Minimize (not windowed) during video playback:

0002705: Switching between windowed and fullscreen mode during video playback causes black screen - MediaPortal Bugtracker
    http://mantis.team-mediaportal.com/view.php?id=2705

Thanks

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hello again.. with more findings.
    As no body in the forum or Team seems to have this issue (no body replied), I decided to install MP in my 2 laptops: One Toshiba dual core with Windows XP TablepPC edition and the other, an old one, with P4 2.8 and Windows XP Home (Toshiba also) and with Intervideo Mpeg2 codecs for TV wach and it HAPPENS THE SAME THAT IN MY MPC CONFIG.

Can some body try to start his MP in full screen with Windows, reproduce a tv program or even a Video with MP in Full Screen and the video or tv program also in full screen, return to Home (green button in remote) and Minimize with close button in the screen wile TV is playin (Previously you need the option "Minimize to tray on Gui exit" in MP config, Gerenal section activated) and see if your system shows Windows screen and does not hang the sys.

PLEASE
    Thanks

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Those minimize/restore/etc. issues are all mainly caused by bad design of MP1.
    Mainly because MP is not meant to be used that way. MP is a HTPC application for dedicated HTPC useage, not a replacement of the WindowsMediaPlayer.

I know that this is not the answer you are looking for, but many devs knocked themselfes out in the past while trying to fix these issues.
    All came to the same conclusion - a entire rewrite is needed to get a proper solution. One of the reasons why MP2 was started.

:sorry:

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Thanks for your replay. I was getting crazy with that. I'll be patient then...
    Do you know if other Windows is better for that? May be is time to move to Win7...

I use an absolute dedicated PC with MP and domotic control over the house.

Otherwise, thanks for your replay, other friends of mine are also experiencing the same and I couldn't imagine why.
    I'm the MP expert for them:mad:
    THX
    Alex:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom