Minor problems with music thumbnail creation (1 Viewer)

Nexon

Portal Member
August 23, 2013
Home Country
Germany Germany
I'm currently setting up a basic setup for my HTPC using MP 1.4 which I can later backup and restore if something bad should happen.

However, there's one little problem I can't solve on my own this time around. I tried searching for it on the forum but couldn't find anything.

It's a really nit-picky thing but for some reason most of the music thumbnails imported during the music database scan are all fuzzy and compressed. Not all of them, though. The first time when I installed MP 1.2 everything worked fine and all of my album covers were crisp and clear. I use the "folder.jpg" option to import my album covers. I have edited pretty much all of them so that they are 500x500 pixels and between 50-100kb in size. While browsing my music collection everything was still pretty responsive back then.

I have checked all the generated thumbs in the "thumbs/music/folder" directory and for some reason most of the large thumbs - those with the "L" at the end of the file name - are only 160x160 pixels. Some of them are 600x600px like it should be.

I've unchecked the option "Create folder cache on demand" in the thumbnails setup, turned quality all the way up, deleted all thumbs using the button and did a couple of rescans since then but nothing seems to work.

I'm running MP on Windows 7 Home Premium using the streamedMP skin with a resolution of 1280x768. Don't know if any of this matters.

Hope someone can help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom