Minor UI issues in MediaPortal Configuration (1 Viewer)

johnzered

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    In MediaPortal Configuration/Television/TV Client

Picture 1:

Why are some languages displayed several times?
    I noticed in TVLibrary\TvLibrary.Interfaces\Epg\Languages.cs where I think they are loaded from that they indeed have different codes but from the names you can't tell any difference I didn't even understand the different codes that were listed.

Picture 2 and 3:

The hole TV Client has a too small default width/height or it might be the tabs that have become too large so there's now some uggly bars on right and bottom, it might be beacuse of the rather long explanation of the "enable AudioDualMono mode" but also the language listbox has become larger since RC1 if you compare with the subtilte settings tab (Picture 3) you can see that that's how it should look.

//johnzered

Attachments

• config.jpg
      config.jpg
      61.1 KB
    • config2.jpg
      config2.jpg
      60.7 KB
    • config3.jpg
      config3.jpg
      56.5 KB

johnzered

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    chemelli

Thanks for adding the langugage codes, even if I still don't understand why some languages have several entries but at least now with the codes you can actually see some difference.

Here is a description of the two small changes I still would like to see:

Picture 1 (audio settings tab):
    -"audio stream settings" header not visible any more (the two groups are overlapping each other)
    this can be fixed by increasing the overall size of the tabpanel to the same size as the left panel (with treeview)
    and then moving down the audio stream settings box a little bit.

Picture 2 (subtitle settings tab):
    - the subtitle settings border is too wide (should have the same width as the preferred subtitle languages box above)

//johnzered

Attachments

• audioTab.jpg
      audioTab.jpg
      61.3 KB

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    All glitches in first post are fixed since a while.

I managed to quickly fix the others in SVN19970.

Simone

johnzered

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi,
    yes i suppose you can call it fixed...I still would have liked the tabpanel to be bigger as I described in second post first image so that the language list on the different tabs could have remained the same size. As it has been fixed now when switching between audio and subtitle tabs as the language list are slightly different size it produces unnecessary flickering. Still much better than it initially was, thanks. Also if someone is able to give a good explanation why some languages are listed several times I would love to hear.

//johnzered

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom