Missing 71 Channels and 6 fail out of 146. What can I do? (1 Viewer)

davidpmays

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have had much difficulty with my cable provider. This week they decided to re-map a bunch of their channels. It only took a month to fix it last time. Maybe someone can see something which can help me. My current situation was not much worked so I changed scanning parameters up
    Tune 12, PAT 21, CAT 20, PMT 25, SDT/VCT 60, Analog 21
    Then I tried scanning in each format to see if anything gave complete results.
    Everything returned something except QAM HRC
    I forgot to save what I found with HRC+3 Channel 19-1 did not work. However I did save the log files.
    QAM HRC Found 0 Channels
    QAM IRC Found 327 -- after delete of scrambled channels 87 (some worked LPB did)
    QAM Standard card 5 --- 329 new updated 353
    QAM Standard card 15 ---- 350 New updated 334.
    I currently have QAM Standard card 15 scan loaded.
    NOT Working
    KYTX-DT 19001 <---- I really need to fix this one. The rest ah - not so much.
    MYTX 19002
    This TV 19003
    KLTVDT 7001
    Bounce 7002
    La Vida 7003
    I should have 77 Channel from 2-85 + 61 from 235 - 349 for a total of 146 Stations + Music as stated by my cable company, Longview/Kilgore Cable.
    My Scan found 77 channels of which 6 are not working for a total of 71 working channels.
    Thus I am missing 69 channels during scans and 6 scan incorrectly.
    Can someone take a glance at my logs and see it there is anything which might help.
    Last time they updated their mapping I lost a lot of stations and didn't worry because I didn't like them anyway. This time they took my wife's favorite channel KYTX-DT and I need to get it working. It does work on the TV
    Each time this happened before Schedules Direct will find some of the stations and I use Workbench 6.0 to correct the data files by updating the externalid.
    Hopefully my uploads will make sense. After each scan I moved the log files to a directory named based on the scan - HRC - HRC+3 - IRC - Standard card 5 ( I have two dual cards named 5,6,15,16) Standard card 15. I scanned from both cards on standard to see if anything scanned differently. Unfortunately I don't really know what I am looking at and have had difficulty decoding the information to the point where it helps. I specifically have trouble matching data in the export.xml file to tuningdetail. I am hoping someone familiar and knowing where to look will see something. Thanks in advance for your help.
    David Mays[DOUBLEPOST=1423869189][/DOUBLEPOST]Schedules direct was able to map one station MSNBC the rest have blanks in the externalid.[DOUBLEPOST=1423869477][/DOUBLEPOST]OK, I was wrong, schedules direct found more channels than one. I just didn't see them in workbench there are many in the guide.

Attachments

• Upload to Team-Mediaportal.zip
      583.9 KB
    Last edited:

davidpmays

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I solved all my problems. I turned off cable and went OTA for all TV. Now I am working fine. I think all the problems are related to my cable provider and how channels are reported vs. what the actually are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom